Do you drink milk?

• No, I don''t drink milk.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I drink an alternative (soy milk).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I think you need a take 3....I tried to vote but to no avail.....sorry Kim!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Darn it! I am not meant to know if people:

1. Yes, I drink milk.
2. No, I don''t drink milk.
3. I drink an alternative (soy milk).
4. I just want to see the answers.

Perhaps Andry will come along and help computer illiterate me.

Thanks, hlmr, for trying! GRR!! I''m an even bigger dork than I thought I was.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Kim it''s ok I am still trying to figure out my Microsoft Vista.
33.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2007 9:34:59 PM
Author: KimberlyH

1. Yes, I drink milk.
2. No, I don't drink milk.

Thanks, hlmr, for trying! GRR!! I'm an even bigger dork than I thought I was.
Kimi, you aren't a dork; I hardly ever see people create polls successfully!

Okay to answer your question mine is highlighted above. Why do you ask out of curiousity?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2007 9:36:52 PM
Author: Macie
Kim it''s ok I am still trying to figure out my Microsoft Vista.
33.gif
Thanks, Macie, but I don''t even know what MS Vista is
6.gif
, so I''m not sure if I feel better or worse!
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2007 9:38:30 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 8/10/2007 9:34:59 PM
Author: KimberlyH

1. Yes, I drink milk.
2. No, I don''t drink milk.

Thanks, hlmr, for trying! GRR!! I''m an even bigger dork than I thought I was.
Kimi, you aren''t a dork; I hardly ever see people create polls successfully!

Okay to answer your question mine is highlighted above.
Nah, I''m a dork, Stephie, but that''s okay! Are you lactose intolerant? Do you just not like it? Do you mind my asking? I don''t think my poll is going to tell me what I really want to know, which is why people who don''t drink milk choose not to. My brain must be tired.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kim, did you see this?

For the record, I very seldom drink it, but it''s a must with choco chip cookies.
5.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use to drink milk up until my early 20's. I get a really bad stomach ache if I actually eat cereal w/milk or soy milk
14.gif
. So I don't drink either; I get my calcium from a multivitamin, broccoli, cheese, and yogurt. Kimi, do you drink milk? I can drink it alone but it isn't yummy so I rather have cheese or yogurt.

ETA: Hey Miss Ellen!!! Nice to bump into ya
2.gif

ETA one more time: We only buy organic non hormone milk

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I do drink milk, but usually only with my fibre cereal in the morning.
1.gif
HTH!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I rarely drink it. My mom doesn''t like milk so she never made me drink it as a kid. I do like it choc. chip cookies though, or in cereal, which I seldom eat. I buy the organic milk though. My big kids and hubby all drink vanilla soy milk. they saw some movie on milk and basically stopped drinking it and my step-son used to easily drink a 1/2 gallon a day.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kim!! I drink organic fat free milk
18.gif

I started a thread about this a while back...is was interesting!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/to-milk-or-not-to-milk.49147/

M~

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2007 9:43:24 PM
ETA: Hey Miss Ellen!!! Nice to bump into ya
2.gif
You too missy, you''ve been rather quiet lately.
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2007 9:50:38 PM
Author: hlmr
1.gif
HTH!
HI:

And or Kaluha--what ever comes first! hheeehheee Actually mostly in Chi Lattes from Starbucks.....

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2007 9:57:23 PM
Author: canuk-gal

1.gif
HTH!
HI:

And or Kaluha--what ever comes first! hheeehheee Actually mostly in Chi Lattes from Starbucks.....

cheers--Sharon
THAT''S where my kaluha went!!! lol
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

1.gif
HTH!
HI:

cheers--Sharon
haha, Sharon you have been on FIRE lately.
9.gif

Ellen, I just think we have been on the same thread and I don't see ya on the WWT anymore.
15.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love milk! Most people I know aren't into it. I order it at restaurants--always get made fun of for that one. FI is lactose-intolerant, but lactaid does the trick for him. He doesn't really like it though--not like I do!

Maybe it's my midwestern roots asserting themselves
2.gif

ETA: My dad doesn't drink milk, he claims he's lactose-intolerant but he very certainly is not (he likes to make bull*** excuses for stuff, drives my mom crazy!). He just doesn't like it!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2007 9:59:57 PM

1.gif
HTH!
HI:

cheers--Sharon
haha, Sharon you have been on FIRE lately.
9.gif

Ellen, I just think we have been on the same thread and I don''t see ya on the WWT anymore.
15.gif
Skippy, yes she has and apparently she has been using my kaluha to keep things hot!!
3.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to drink organic skim milk but then it got too expensive so I switched to the regular skim milk variety. I mostly use it in my cereal and every once on a while I drink a nice big glass. I like it but I hardly ever think to drink it. I mostly drink water.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone other than me think that skim milk tastes too creamy? Some people think it''s watered down but in my opinion, it''s often too rich. Maybe that''s one of the reasons why I don''t drink it as often as I should.

Phew! All you did, Kimberly, was ask a simple question, and I wrote a book for my answer.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I drink milk. Skim. Not all the time, but with things that must have it. ie. cereal, pbnj, cookies...etc.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blleeechhhh! I *loathe* milk. I NEVER drink it, like, in a GLASS or something ... but sometimes, if I''m in a cereal mode, I''ll kinda wet the cereal with it -- getting as little as possible (and that''s Lactaid!). DH, however, is a full freakin fat drinking maniac -- especially if there are Oreos or cake around
20.gif
. He''ll drink lower fat varieties if I INSIST. Usually we''ll have some in the house for him or for cooking but it often goes bad before its gone.

Strangely, I do like a milkSHAKE from time to time ... and very light ice coffee ... and cappuccinos with steamed/FROTHED milk.
18.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2007 9:41:59 PM
Author: Ellen
Kim, did you see this?

For the record, I very seldom drink it, but it''s a must with choco chip cookies.
5.gif
Yes, that''s why I''m a dork, I followed the instructions and still failed!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh HOW I love milk!!! But, I cannot drink it, sadly. I get ugly if I drink it. Dark circles, terrible eye wrinkles, bloated tummy, acne a few days later. About 5 years ago I noticed I felt bad after I had milk. I started taking Lactaid with all dairy. It worked for a while. I think I''ve developed an allergy, though, because now it really bothers me. I stil eat it from time to time. The negative effects seem to be cumulative. I stick to soy milk now. I don''t love it, but, it''s OK in cereal and in my protein shake.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
mildly lactose intolerant as iv gotten old, a glass of milk will give me a tummy ache but can eat pizza and stuff with cheese on it with no problem.
Biggest thing is ever since I had real milk the processed crap the stores sell tastes like garbage.
You havent had milk till its 2 min from the cow.
Skin the cream off then pour it over ice.. yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
We used to have milk with every meal until we went on the South Beach Diet three years ago. Now I drink water with meals. But I still get milk in my nice big afternoon latte! Love it whole. Skim tastes watery to me.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I don''t drink milk but I will put milk on my cereal if I''m eating some. I do eat yogurt and other dairy products, but to just drink a glass of milk??? Well, maybe with some chocolate chip cookies or oreos, which I definitely don''t need!

We do whole milk, too!
11.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was raised on whole milk. When I was in high school I started drinking skim and drank that through college, then when I went veg I stopped drinking milk altogether. I now drink almond milk on cereal and that''s about it.

Storm, I''ve SEEN milk two minutes off the cow and it is disgusting. I don''t know how one could find it appetizing even after it''s skimmed and poured over ice, blech. I''ve seen the whole calf come out, the afterbirth, etc., and all in all, not an appetizing experience. But I digress.

Humans are the ONLY species who drink ANOTHER species'' milk. Hmmmm...what''s wrong with that picture? Mother''s milk=mother''s milk in my book, and while I have seen instances where certain animals, say, a cat, will nurse a canine puppy, that is very, very rare. So why do humans insist on drinking cows or goat''s milk? I don''t get it. Frankly, I''m glad I stopped. Stepping off soapbox right now.

Humans are also the ONLY species that takes crystals out of the ground and spends hundreds of years studying them and devising ways in which to shape them so that they reflect light. and then spend months and months of food gathering/money making time in order to aquire said cut crystals.

I also dont think birds or most other animals have any need for giving gifts when they choose a life long mate. Yet we do it too.

I suspect that the only reason that we are the only animals that drink another animals milk is largely because we are the only ones that can consciously appreciate the health benefits it incurs (and for some the pleasure it birngs) and are physically capable of making it happen on a regular controlled basis.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You make a great point, WHFSR, and I will not dispute it. I really try to avoid conflict in any thread, and I refuse to argue, but I respect your take on things and your opinion, as well as the facts you or anyone presents.

Bowing out gracefully,

Monnie!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am not a big 'fan' of milk persay but i do drink it. nonfat or 1%. in my coffee, in my cereal in the mornings. in coffee during the day or at sbucks or peets. in milkshakes. but i don't go out of my way to drink milk, i never have a glass of milk (not even with cookies, i will have coffee with milk hehe) or anything like that. i actually don't like the calories in the milk so much...so i tend to drink almond milk a lot of times which is much lower in cals and to me tastes fine in coffee and cereal so 1/2 the mornings i have that and 1/2 i have regular milk for additional protein.

i used to be somewhat lactose intolerant but only of whole milk and creams....but that has faded as time has gone on thankfully. i love cheese and ice cream and yogurt...but less of a fan of straight milk. and warm milk totally grosses me out...hehee. and whole milk kind of grosses me out too, it's too thick for me. i know a lot of people think that 1% or nonfat or even 2% is too thin but since i don't like the actual taste of milk...i just want it mixed in things then i like the thinner consistency. however, cream like heavy cream, love the stuff...we use it in cooking, sometimes in coffee on weekends...yum. no real health benefits though, no protein, lots of fat, high in cals, so i pretty much only have it sparingly.

monarch, my thoughts on why people drink milk is because they were raised doing it. give me almond milk instead of real milk and i'd be fine with it but a lot of people have hangups on that kind of thing. greg doesn't like soy milk or almond milk or any of those 'weird' things i drink...hehee. personally for me it's about taste in things...and milk doesn't taste all that fabulous. i like some soy ice creams...don't know if they make almond milk ice cream but i'd try it. but really you ask why...i'd say if you are raised doing something that is the social norm, it takes a lot to kind of pull back and scrutinize 'why' other than habit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results