shape
carat
color
clarity

do you dress to...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swl

Shiny_Rock
do you dress to impress guys or to impress girls? I thought of this question when i look at the difference between the victoria secrete clothing catalogue and the j.crew catalogue. All the dresses and sweaters in the VS catalogue seem very comfortable and definitely attracts sexual attentions. All the cloths from the Jcrew catalogue seem also very comfortable but not the same kind of comfort as VS, it''s more classic and casual luxury.

so my dear PSers, which kind of comfy do you like?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m going to say the ann taylor loft kind of comfy, as those are the only clothes that seem to fit my proportions well.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I dress to be comfortable (and cute, too, sometimes at least!) and I typically wear things that my husband would like if we''re going out, but he prefers JCrew/Gap/Ann Taylor Loft to Victoria''s Secret as far as style goes so it works out perfect for me because that''s the type of clothes I would rather wear.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I dress to impress neither [but, then, I''m "old" LOL!]. I am usually in sweats and a t-shirt or the equivalent [and usually wear one of my large diamonds - posts are here somewhere]. I don''t get out much aside from the gym or the grocery store. I don''t care who thinks what.

If I do have to go out or travel I have some very nice clothes [both formal and casual] that look great and that I feel good in [but the shoes not so much! Ouch!
9.gif
]. I guess it is more about my feeling like I look good than trying to impress anybody else.

I would characterize my [non sweats] look as elegant/sexy/flashy [the jewelry, you know. LOL!].

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don''t dress much at all. I wear scrubs all week and then change into comfy clothes. IF I had to pick I prefer Ralph Lauren style clothing.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dress to have a child dirty me up.

Pre-child, I never dressed to impress anyone. I''m not just saying that. I honestly could not give a crap. And I looked it too.
41.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''m just gonna go ahead and say it . . .

I WAS THE CARDIGAN QUEEN BEFORE MICHELLE OBAMA!! Seriously. I have many, many dozens. I like her casual approach to ''business dress'' because that is the way I''ve been dressing for years. Prior to finding *my style*, I dressed for the job I aspired to. And I got the job.

When I''m casual and going out, I wear jeans or capris. When I''m at home, it''s tees and yoga pants.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I dress to impress ... well, me, and people who think like me, which means a lot of velvet, a lot of things that are peacock-ish, a lot of things that are costume-y and fabulous. Depending on the fabulousness of the item in question, it might impress a woman (my ginormous floor-length golden Bill Blass maxi-cardigan), or a man (more or less anything showcasing my, I say in all modesty, awe-inspiring rack). It''s probably safe to say that I dress to impress Faerie Queens of all shapes and sizes ... but not so much out of either VS or JC. I tend to go towards the quirky.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I dress to make myself feel like I look good. When I feel like I look good, I feel good overall. My own personal style is more victoria''s secret than jcrew, but I still don''t think I''m trying to impress men, it''s just more of what I think looks good on me/flatters me etc.

At the same time, there are some things in the vs catalogue that are not my style and I would never wear because they would look frumpy and sloppy on me (even though the models somehow make them look sexy!).

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always dressed to please myself.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I like to wear clothes that are comfortable and make me feel like I look good, but not to attention grabbing.

If we are going out to the movies or shops I usually wear a nice pair of jeans, nice top with cardigan and boots with a nice bag- very casual and comfortable
1.gif

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I dress to please my husband. I want him to think I look great at all times.
He buys a lot of gifts of clothes, they are all pretty.
I dress to look appropriate for the situation I''m in, also. A longer skirt for church, something more glitzy for a party, shorts for casual. I pick colors that I know look good on me.
I refuse to dress in a way that I consider sloppy. I will not wear flip flops anywhere. I do not own any of those track suit things, those leisure suits. I will not wear baggy muumuus that look as if I have given up on everything, as I see many women my age do.
I choose clothes that can be easily cleaned--a habit from being a mother, I never wanted to be one of those mothers that don''t let the kids touch me. I have touchable everything--hair, clothes and I can''t wear makeup (allergic) so there''s never a question where my husband or kids can''t kiss me.
I also refuse to wear clothes that call inappropriate attention to my body. I especially hate tops that show too much cleavage and won''t wear those. this gets difficult nowadays a lot of the time as clothes for more slender women can be VERY trashy, in my opinion. I don''t want to wear lingerie in public, only at home for hubby!
A little off the subject--but it''s really hard to dress nowadays as a woman over 50. I look at old tv shows and movies pre-1975 and the older women all look so classy but nowadays its like they expect you to dress like a teenage slut if you''re thin, and to wear big old sack if you''re larger and the idea seems to gone that all of us, smaller or larger would just like to look attractive and classy!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''d like to say I don''t dress to impress but when I go out with my girlfriends I make sure I look damn cute.

I dress nicely all the time, I don''t wear t-shirts or sweatshirts for example, but when I''m with the girls I do spend more time looking good. Maybe it''s because DH hardly says I look good anymore and the girls always do....

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
I dress to impress myself. I am a self-confessed shopaholic. My style is business casual chic with some eccentricity thrown in. I have a mix of clothes from my travels, garment district and sample sale finds, and H and M (before the clothes started being even more disposable and poor quality.)

I am kinda embarrassed to say that a whole chunk of my wardrobe is H and M, but I''m cycling it out as I get closer to my 30s. Nowadays I wear a lot more of the sample sale items.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
i dress to feel like myself...clothes dont make u..u make them!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a J. Crew addict. I''m a cardigan collector like HollyS, and I really just feel like J. Crew clothes are easy to put together into nice-looking outfits. I probably overdress for my job, but I choose my outfits based on what makes me feel good over impressing others.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
If I''m honestly responding to the OP''s question, then I dress to impress women (agree with the Loft comment, though - love that look). If I were dressing for my husband, I''d be wearing my hair down, no makeup, a short skirt, and high heels - and I rarely do that.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is: style of clothes to impress guys and brand of clothes to impress girls. My husband has no idea what Sevens jeans are, but he does recognize if they fit good!
1.gif
Usually I wear designer jeans with less expensive tops from Banana Republic or Old Navy. Since I''m a SAHM, I don''t need formal outfits.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve always dressed to please myself. I would never feel comfortable in Victoria''s Secret type clothes, but that''s just me. They''re not my style. I don''t do provacative very well. I''m a rather small woman with small assets. I just don''t have the curves and cleavage for VS. I''ve always dressed in rather classic clothing. Jones New York and Kate Hill are more me. I don''t fit into many brands of clothing.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to several posters, I dress to make myself feel good and confident. Sometimes that''s very business, sometimes very J. Crew, sometimes it''s a little more overtly sexy. Depends on where I''m going.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I am tomboy comfy; don''t really dress for anyone but me. (Except for work, when I sometimes have to dress to impress bosses and/or parents of students.)
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
neither I dress geek sloppy
jeans and a t-shirt
today I was out of bed and out the door in 3 minutes when a client called lol.
threw on some pants ran my hand through my hair and went.
They didn''t care they were just happy their server was up before they lost a client.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I dress to impress just one woman, the lady in the mirror.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t really dress to impress anyone, but me. I wear what I like and feel comfortable in, and what makes me feel attractive. That varies, from day to day, so I have different "looks" to fit my mood.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2009 5:17:29 PM
Author: Ellen
I don''t really dress to impress anyone, but me. I wear what I like and feel comfortable in, and what makes me feel attractive. That varies, from day to day, so I have different ''looks'' to fit my mood.
Ditto, having said that I can be a total scruffbag at times and what is even worse I don''t care!
23.gif
I DO make an effort if we are going out though.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
well I now I dont dress to impress my SO (most of the times.. sometimes I dress up for him) I also dont dress for anyone else. I usually just grab my jeans open my dresser for a tee shirt and maybe a cardigan or something.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dress for myself.

My wardrobe is pretty varied. I have casual outfits, and just plain risky ones. I love them all.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2009 5:14:31 PM
Author: strmrdr
neither I dress geek sloppy
jeans and a t-shirt
today I was out of bed and out the door in 3 minutes when a client called lol.
threw on some pants ran my hand through my hair and went.
They didn''t care they were just happy their server was up before they lost a client.
oh no,i dress like Stormy !!
37.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 8:42:28 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I always dressed to please myself.
Exactly, Madam...exactly. I always have and likely always will.
36.gif
35.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes I dress to feel good about myself. Sometimes I dress to look good for my boyfriend. Sometimes I dress to look good for my girl friends. Many times I put clothes on that I don''t particularly love; they do the job, but I end up feeling sorta frumpy all day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results