• No

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I find it rude maybe because of my own quirk about my personal space: I feel uncomfortable when people wearing shoes put feet up on furniture too close to me. I'm all for comfort and putting feet up when people are seated and am ok if your bare feet or feet with socks are propped up on the coffee table alongside me, but if shoes are on I feel peeved. I realize it's an outdoor bench, but if I were that woman I'd be thinking the whole time, "Your foot is bugging me."

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When a person puts their foot up on a surface where others sit or eat, I think it is inconsiderate, because the bottom of your shoe is dirty. I once had to "educate" a co-worker who had his feet on the lunchroom table. What a bone head!

Another time, I came to work one morning, and the bosses boot prints were on my office chair seat!! (He wore distinctive boots)
It didn't take much to figure out that he put his foot on my chair while talking on my desk phone.
I approached him and said "Look! someone's been standing on my chair! Why would someone do that?" He gave me a guilty look, and feigned ignorance, the dork.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Exactly. It's the dirty bottom of the shoe propped near me or on the furniture that I find annoying.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't find it sexist. I don't particularily care for the statue.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it an ugly and stupid sculpture, but it doesn't offend me. Looks like it was prob made in another time/age.

ETA, the original twitter, of the sculpture with the title "mansplaining" is actually pretty funny, and accurate.

From Wikipedia

Mansplaining is a portmanteau of the words man and explaining, defined as "to explain something to someone, typically a man to woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing."[1][2] Lily Rothman of The Atlantic defines it as "explaining without regard to the fact that the explainee knows more than the explainer, often done by a man to a woman,"[3] and Rebecca Solnit ascribes the phenomenon to a combination of "overconfidence and cluelessness" that some men display.[4]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results