carat
color
clarity

Do you clean your SO’s ring?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or do they clean their own?

Thought of this yesterday when I was cleaning my rings and figured I should clean his too. Usually I just say “give me your ring” he knows what I’m up to. He wouldn’t clean it otherwise and it’s not a plain band so it does need a good scrubbing from time to time. It mainly gets cleaned on the weekend since weekday mornings are too hectic. Here is a picture after a cleaning:

8B3CCFD7-C6B0-4CF1-8E53-0AC9C393788A.jpeg

Who else is cleaning their SO’s ring on a regular basis?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do...when I'm cleaning all my jewelry I'll clean his ring. Its somewhat like your husbands ring with diamonds across the top. He
doesn't wear it much anymore since he works from home so it doesn't really get that dirty anymore either.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I clean hubby's ring. Technically, it's my ring, but I let him wear it!
I also clean his .25 diamond stud earring. He wears that one 24/7, and it gets gunky.
IMG_20210809_084327846_2.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. But he polishes his 18k band with a sunshine cloth. Every. Single. Morning. =)2 (I wish I had his ability to instantly adopt new good habits - I don’t seem to have any problem with the bad ones.;)2)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333, mine never takes his off, even when he was working from home so I’m always cleaning it lol!

@stracci2000 nice ring! Earrings I understand get really gross if they aren’t cleaned regularly so that is good of you to keep on top of it. If I didn’t clean my husband’s ring he would never clean it! :sick:

@VRBeauty, that is impressive, good on him for keeping that up. Once it becomes a habit I guess you don’t even think about it, it just becomes a daily ritual.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

No but I've taken his ring in to be (re)rhodium plated. It is a Bulgari B Zero WG band.

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. And I clean his glasses, too. He doesn’t mind the dog slobber all over them but I do!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal, what we go through to take care of them!

@yssie, OMG the glasses, yes! Sometimes I wonder how mine can see through them :roll2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current SO has, and wants, no jewelry.
My former SO wore the first Octavia sold, which I cleaned daily.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, he cleans mine.
:halo:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, wow he really is a gem! If I waited for my DH to even think to clean mine, you wouldn’t even be able to tell they were diamonds :oops2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The glasses! OMG how do they see? I’m always taking the glasses!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i used to =) he doesn't wear his now that we're wfh but i would put it in the ultrasonic whenever i did mine

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bludiva, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that the PS’ers are such a thoughtful bunch and clean their partner’s ring along with their own. Probably less common outside of here though, a lot of dirty crusty rings walking around :sick:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bludiva, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that the PS’ers are such a thoughtful bunch and clean their partner’s ring along with their own. Probably less common outside of here though, a lot of dirty crusty rings walking around :sick:

i think most people clean their rings by wearing them in the shower :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results