shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Care What People Think Of You?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I care a whole lot less than I did when I was younger, that is for sure. I would hope that others see in my the things I want and strive to be but if they don't, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Like someone else said, I don't continue relationships that are toxic or hurtful anymore, even if it is family. I no longer keep in contact with my remaining family for that reason. I am not sure if that means I care or not. On some level, I guess it does. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it though.

I do find that as I have gotten older, I want to say things to strangers. Maybe less inhibitions? I don't know what the heck is up with that, but when I see someone doing something rude, I really want to call them on it. I don't, but I have to check myself more. I didn't even think about that when I was younger. Just last night, my husband and I stopped at a Corner Bakery cafe, and I noticed that almost everyone left a huge pile of dishes on their table and not even a dollar for the young girl who was bringing their food and cleaning up after them. It really bugged me. She was working so very hard. I really wanted to say something to the last people I saw leave. Hubby gave me the, don't you dare look and I didn't. But I wouldn't have cared if the whole restaurant hated my guts at that moment.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
When I was younger all I did was care about what people thought of me. And it tormented me. As I got older I started not giving a rat's ass what people thought of me, because, honestly, it didn't matter. As long as I was being true to myself and being a good honest person, what anyone else thought was irrelevant.

These days, I have a motto - lyrics from a Trisha Yearwood song, of all things:
"I no longer justify
Reasons for the way that I behave
I offer no apologies
For the things that I believe and say
And I like it that way"

and I always say "People either love me or hate me. You decide". I'm too old to care what other people think of me. I've got much more important things to focus on.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I care less and less what others think of me, as far as general public..I know who my real friends are, and divorce made me toughen up, buttercup. I took a dose of bitter medicine then when I lost friends, but I have been better for it. The one place where I still have trouble is my parents. I still want to always make the best decision in their eyes and I have not been able to shake it, even as a grown adult with her own children. A critiscm from my mother still has me stew over for days, and I wish that I could get over it, but its been really hard to do so.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results