shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you care how ''new'' your items are?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it depends. I loooooooooooooove resale shops.
But if I''m buying something new I will inspect every single one (of whatever it is) to find the best one out of the bunch... well as long as it''s reasonable to do so.

I especially love used books. I have this thing where i just can''t pay full price for a book - especially when there''s paperbackswap - that site has been such a blessing! If you love used books you MUST check it out! (they also have a site for used CDs and DVDs - awesome!!)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I'm paying full retail, or if there is an option between two... then yes, it better be perfect. But I shop at outlets, Nordstrom Rack being my favorite, and then... depending on the discount and the choices available then I would overlook a slight problem. If it's immediately noticable or not fixable then, I wouldn't buy it even at a discount.

In a regular store (not oulet) anything with a flaw has to have a discount, and not just 10%, and it should still be returnable.

I don't generally buy second hand, it bothers me that someone else has worn or carried it-- even purses. Samples though, don't bother me is appropriately discounted, and small scuffs are okay. Second hand books are the only thing I will buy, and even then if it's in bad shape, it better be priced accordingly.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
This is all really great info btw. Once upon a time I thought it would be cool to open a consignment shop... I know if I ever did I'd take shoes off the list of things I'd consign for sure!
2.gif

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Jewelry and china, the older the better, sterling silver and crystal too, I haunt antique shops. My wedding ring is probably 100 years old, and I have teacups that are around 80 years old.

I''m not big on used clothing, unless they are hand me downs from stylish friends and relatives (free stuff is great). I don''t mind buying discounted slightly disheveled stock if it''s clean and the wear isn''t noticeable.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I''ve been in a brick and mortar shop in years (other than Christmas when I bought my parents a new stove).

I do all my shopping online. Flat screen TV, furniture, diamonds, even groceries. Why deal with crowds when I can have everything delivered right to my door? I save tons too. No more impulse purchases.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not going to buy an item that is at full-price that has any mark or scuff on it, especially if it''s an expensive item!

The only item I buy that possibly may not be prestine is a pair of shoes from Nordstrom Rack. Often times those are returns, but I''m getting them at half price, so I''m okay with that.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I will only buy if it''s in perfect condition if I''m paying full retail. I got a handbag for Christmas and asked the lady if she had one in the back that had never been tried on before and she had one. If I''m in an outlet and not paying full price, I don''t care as much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results