shape
carat
color
clarity

Do we like this one?

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
My local jeweler just got this and he's working on grading and pricing it. I wonder how much he'd want for it. It's such a tiny size, too 20230505_161001.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like some prong repair has been done in a different metal, possibly gold when the setting is platinum, that bugs me to no end.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
@YadaYadaYada , oh so this is why there's the yellowing. I was trying to figure out what's going on with that.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve come across some rings that we be otherwise so pretty but someone restored the prongs in yellow gold instead of platinum. It doesn’t look intentional either, rather like someone just didn’t care enough to restore the piece properly. At least for me the eye goes straight to the prongs vs the stone or setting.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve come across some rings that we be otherwise so pretty but someone restored the prongs in yellow gold instead of platinum. It doesn’t look intentional either, rather like someone just didn’t care enough to restore the piece properly. At least for me the eye goes straight to the prongs vs the stone or setting.

why would someone do that ??
just lazyness i guess

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks to me like it might be burn marks from bad repair work. Also the center stone isn't old cut. I feel like it should be for that style.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Guys, you are the best, I'm so thankful for all your guidance. I hope one day I can help others too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results