shape
carat
color
clarity

Do those paper ring sizers work? help please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone used this type of paper sizer and then found out their ring size? Are they accurate, and how tight are you supposed to pull it?

http://www2.uic.edu/stud_orgs/prof/pesc/RingSizerChart.pdf

The reason I want to know is bc my boyfriend says he needs to know my ring size "asap." I don''t have any rings that go on that finger, and I ordered a free sizer from Blue Nile but it hasn''t gotten here yet. (anyone use that too?)

Thanks!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay, for some strange reason i have one of those paper ring sizer things in this mess i call a desk. i happen to know my ring size and i would say the paper is pretty close. i pulled it kinda tight to get it to the size that my rings are (which aren''t tight). i would say though, if you want to know for sure, go try on some rings. that really is your best bet.
2.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We just got some plastic ones that are very useful along the same line as what you showed. One of our guys needed something to sneak a ring from his wife''s jewelry box, try it on his finger and then use the sizer to determine the size. Works well if you are careful to not overtighten it, you must leave room for it to clear the knuckle.

Wink

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I have found the papers to be fairly accurate. My 13-year old boys wanted titanium rings, whch they purchased inexpensively on Ebay with their allowance, and the paper sizers I found online were helpful and pretty accurate.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is the picture...

finger-sizer.jpg

hellokitty

Rough_Rock
Leeenie, I just tried the link that you gave us, i followed the instruction to "fit to page" and when i cut it out,, it said that i was a size 2... Now i was sized once before and they said i was a size 4, so i dont know if im the one making a mistake or what( although i love the thought of being a 2 lol, i dont think the one i printed out was accurate... Just go to any jewelry store tell them you are just looking and dont forget to ask to get sized so you know for sure :) Good luck, hope you get some nice bling soon!!
anna

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t know if that works. On the other hand, you may not need to know the ring size precisely asap - one size up or down can be changed on just about any ring if it is sizeable at all (eternity and tension ones are not, sure you know...).

I would guess your other rings are withing one size (that would mean loose, but not falling off at a shake) - the right hand ring finger or the left middle finger are about 1-1.5 sizes more... No idea about thumb rings.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone; HK20, did you check the box for "fit to page" or uncheck it? the instructions say to uncheck it, so if you check it, it may have enlarged the sizer.

callista

Rough_Rock
I got the ring sizer from blue nile and it''s pretty accurate. It''s a nice keepsake as well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results