shape
carat
color
clarity

Do this diamond's GIA Dossier

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Valleyboy

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone.

Well I may have finally found what I''m looking for. I''ve been on the hunt for a 0.77 F VS Round Brilliant for a while now (0.77 for sentimental reasons) and I''m off to view this one tomorrow.

However, if somebody could please give me their opinions on the "numbers" on the GIA Dossier whether or not you believe it to be a nice stone on paper I''d really appreciate your help.

Report Type: GIA Diamond Dossier®
Date of Issue: April 03, 2006

Round Brilliant
Measurements: 5.87 - 5.91 x 3.65 mm
Carat Weight: 0.77
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: VS2
Cut Grade: Excellent

Proportions:
Depth: 62.0 %
Table: 56 %
Crown Angle: 35°
Crown Height: 15.5 %
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43 %
Star length: 55 %
Lower Half: 75 %
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: None

Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Clarity Characteristics: Crystal

Thanks very much for all your help!
1.gif

Valleyboy

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gary.

I entered those numbers into the HCA and it returned X,X,X,VG 1.6. From what I have managed to gather (although still waaay over my head) is that anything within 2.0 should be considered and anything over that, keep looking.

The diamond I viewed at my trader earlier this week was also a 0.77 F VS2 but scored a HCA of 2.4 so I asked to see some more. One of which was this one.

I''m going to view it tomorrow morning as the centre stone for my girlfirends e-ring.

Wish me luck, I''m very nervous!
32.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
good luck - let us know - especially if you see them side by side.

Loose and on light bright backgrounds the 2.4hca can be just as nice - but probably can have a smaller appearance face up

Valleyboy

Rough_Rock
Hey Gary.

I didn''t get a chance to take a photo of the diamond before I had it set but here''s a pic of the final product:

ring9qu.jpg

We''re both extremely impressed with the amount of sparkle and I''m just so pleased I found this site and could learn from everyone here when purchasing the diamonds.

Thanks heaps for all the help!
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, VB!!! You did a great job!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results