shape
carat
color
clarity

do platinum rings wear out on the inside as well?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
ok, this may be a stupid question, but i haven''t had my platinum setting for very long

it is engraved on the inside so i look at it every now and then, this morning i noticed some small scratches on the inside and i have no idea how those could have gotten there
33.gif
are they just from daily wear and taking it on and off, i know platinum is a soft metal so i wouldn''t be surprised, but i wanted to check
20.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine don''t look worn on the inside. They''re eternity bands so they have those tiny holes along the entire inside, so maybe it''s just hard to see the patina because there''s not too much metal.

I''ve worn my e-ring since September 2007, and my wedding band since July 2008.

I wonder what could have caused those scratches? Can you bring them in to your jeweler to have them checked out?

I have my grandparents'' wedding bands, both of which are yellow gold and engraved on the inside. They''re from the forties, and they have a lot of scratches but I can still easily read the engraving, and I think all that the wear makes them more romantic, as if they''ve been through a lot. (And they have.)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine never showed wear on the inside.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh no, ladies, i just had a doh! moment, the things i thought were scratches actually rubbed off
3.gif

thank you for your responses tho, i''m glad to hear that the inside will remain the same, i had it engraved with a meaningful phrase for FI and me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results