shape
carat
color
clarity

Do pink or purple cuprians glow similarly to blue ones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if this is a silly question or not. I''ve never seen a pink/purple cuprian in person before, but those colors tend to look a little better on me than the bright blues, so I''m thinking of picking one up. Do they still glow?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The violet cuprians I have do not glow. They have a grey mask. Heat is used to help drive off the grey and make them more vivid in color, and blue. If you get a hot pink tourmaline (not sure what kind of pink you''re looking for), don''t buy it because it contains copper, buy it because it''s vivid. Hot pink tourmaline does not derive it''s color from copper.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have hot pink cuprians that absolutely glow. They are different from my 'typical' pinks, because they seem to have more of a neon hot pink color to them. I have 3 pinks that when placed in sunlight, hurt my eyes because they are sooooo hot pink.

As for purple, they dont glow really, but they do have an electric look to them. Like there is a light shining from within (at least a couple of mine do this) making them an icy purple. I also have a couple that look dull and grey like mentioned above.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The purple ones definitely don''t. Even the ones that have a more warmer colour (with pinker tones).

There are pink cuprians that are very bright BUT they are normally the ones that have been irradiated. A few months ago a shopping channel in the UK were selling hot pink cuprians. They don''t glow so much as look like a Flamingo Topaz (if you know what I mean). They certainly are not neon like blue Paraibas that glow/neon in even dim lighting conditions.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemlineinc has some purple cuprians for sale right now if you want to see how they look. I would say my violet cuprian looks a lot like this one.

http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=7862

It's very pretty, but as you can see, there's definitely grey in the stone, as there is in most violet stones. Some violet spinels are similar in color. Although it is a pretty stone, it is not glowy, even though he says it has "glowing color."

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Here is one that I was thinking of...

Thank you LD, TL, and RH for your thoughts! I was looking for more of a purpley-pink color, but am open to pink tourmaline as well. I''m looking for something bright, and maybe a little funky.

09-TO-RD-A.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indy that looks like a nice bright stone but I wonder if it''ll look slightly darker in real life? Look at the tweezers, you can see how quite bright lighting has been used.

If it is that colour then it''ll be vibrant and eye catching but won''t "glow" if that makes sense?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Pinks and purples don''t glow at all..color is not derived from copper so no way of "glowing" what you think is glow is just normal color..so when you say I have 3 hot pinks cuprians that glow you probably have your definition of glow skewered since copper or no copper it doesn''t matter..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results