shape
carat
color
clarity

Do NOT go to Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
starry, i went and took a look at your stunning ring. congrats it surely did come out great. i am excited to see pics of your e-ring.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure Leon would probably say that some clients are a ''horror''. I think some people get along and some just don''t. Sorry your experience was bad. Perhaps you offended him in some way.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like it doesn''t take much to offend him.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 2:53:44 PM
Author: kokolee804
Thanks for all the posts. Maybe he was having a bad day! But there is no 'other side' to the post. I just thought that people should be aware of what my experience was. The price quote he gave me was very high, even for three stone solitare designs. Maybe he just thought I was innocent? I am not sure!!!

In any case, as long as others have good experience with him , I guess it's OK!!!

But I can't see myself working with him. Customer service is such an integral part of the business and I really literally came out of his office almost in tears...

He kept on saying how he was the best in business, such a great artist, everyone else really offers nothing in comparison, and saying mean things like - if you don't want my design, go somewhere else. But I am by no means an impolite person. So I don't know why he was so hostile with me! I just asked standard questions like turnaround time, price quotes on various designs, whether he is insured (and he is NOT fully insured! yikes)....

So anyways... Just my thoughts...
kokolee,

Judging from the time for your post, you, Kasey and I were all at LM's office in the morning. I cannot speak for Kasey, but I saw no evidence of his having a bad day. In addition, there is another side to your encounter. I am privy to it, but do not feel at liberty to disclose LM's side. Incidentally, LM made no request that I keep his side confidential. Please bear in mind that I am in no position to do so, and am not adjudicating between yours and his.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 7:50:53 PM
Author: Harriet
Date: 5/25/2007 2:53:44 PM

Author: kokolee804

Thanks for all the posts. Maybe he was having a bad day! But there is no ''other side'' to the post. I just thought that people should be aware of what my experience was. The price quote he gave me was very high, even for three stone solitare designs. Maybe he just thought I was innocent? I am not sure!!!

In any case, as long as others have good experience with him , I guess it''s OK!!!

But I can''t see myself working with him. Customer service is such an integral part of the business and I really literally came out of his office almost in tears...

He kept on saying how he was the best in business, such a great artist, everyone else really offers nothing in comparison, and saying mean things like - if you don''t want my design, go somewhere else. But I am by no means an impolite person. So I don''t know why he was so hostile with me! I just asked standard questions like turnaround time, price quotes on various designs, whether he is insured (and he is NOT fully insured! yikes)....

So anyways... Just my thoughts...
kokolee,

Judging from the time for your post, you, Kasey and I were all at LM''s office in the morning. I cannot speak for Kasey, but I saw no evidence of his having a bad day. In addition, there is another side to your encounter. I am privy to it, but do not feel at liberty to disclose LM''s side. Incidentally, LM made no request that I keep his side confidential. Please bear in mind that I am in no position to do so, and am not adjudicating between yours and his.

Alllllrighhhhtttt!!!! You go Harriet. At least I think so...
33.gif
I hope I read it right...

You know what? I love that someone thought they could be anonymous and present only their side but lo and behold........!!!!!!! there IS another side to the story!! even if we never hear it (as good sportswoman Harriet keeps mum...)

a

angeline

Ideal_Rock
p.s. I now want to upgrade to 3ct and get a simple solitaire... am I just a sheep or what!

a

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kokolee,

Judging from the time for your post, you, Kasey and I were all at LM''s office in the morning. I cannot speak for Kasey, but I saw no evidence of his having a bad day. In addition, there is another side to your encounter. I am privy to it, but do not feel at liberty to disclose LM''s side. Incidentally, LM made no request that I keep his side confidential. Please bear in mind that I am in no position to do so, and am not adjudicating between yours and his.
thats so not right discussing another client with someone.
what makes ya think ya got the whole true story from him?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 11:31:15 PM
Author: angeline

33.gif

You know what? I love that someone thought they could be anonymous and present only their side but lo and behold........!!!!!!! there IS another side to the story!! even if we never hear it (as good sportswoman Harriet keeps mum...)

a
yea its called no class on the part of the vendor.
not someone I want to do business with.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 11:46:58 PM
Author: strmrdr

kokolee,

Judging from the time for your post, you, Kasey and I were all at LM's office in the morning. I cannot speak for Kasey, but I saw no evidence of his having a bad day. In addition, there is another side to your encounter. I am privy to it, but do not feel at liberty to disclose LM's side. Incidentally, LM made no request that I keep his side confidential. Please bear in mind that I am in no position to do so, and am not adjudicating between yours and his.
1. Firstly, it was I who brought kokolee's factually false statements to LM's attention (I am distinguishing her objective from her subjective claims). I did so because (i) as LM's is a small operation, I would like to know what type of person I am dealing with; and (ii) as some members of our community believe, vendors ought to be able to share their side of the story. At any rate, kokolee is not a client of LM's, nor is there such a thing as jeweller-client privilege.
2. In response to your question, please refer to the highlighted portion of my post.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2007 11:31:15 PM
Author: angeline
33.gif

a
Hi Angeline,
Is there something I can clarify.
Thanks for calling me a good sport.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
True, very true. But the post only leads to a fishing expedition IMHO That said, I am happy you had a great experience with him Harriet. I can''t wait to see your ring.
1.gif
36.gif
My encounter with him was a postive one, and look foward to working with him in the future.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet, the same day you visited Leon, I had some email correspondence with him about that style 201 size 4.5 eternity ring he had on his website that Kasey3 purchased that very morning. I found him to be very nice. I love his work and would do business with him.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
It is disappointing to see this thread deteriorate into insinuations that people are not being truthful or others know what is "really" going on in situations that do not involve them personally. Nobody knows what happens between client and vendor except the two people involved. Some folks have had less than fabulous experiences with some vendors, others speak in near religious terms of the same vendors. It's all personal and subjective and doesn't make one person better than others. To be honest, it would be nice to be able to share one's experiences without having others post what amount to "egging on" others to "put them in their places." Having said that, perhaps if the original poster had been more diplomatic in naming this thread it might not have turned out this way. But I have to agree with strmrdr, it is tacky and unprofessional for any vendor to discuss the specifics of a client interaction with another client, regardless of what is being said on an internet forum.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/27/2007 12:16:14 AM

kokolee,

1. Firstly, it was I who brought kokolee''s factually false statements to LM''s attention (I am distinguishing her objective from her subjective claims). I did so because (i) as LM''s is a small operation, I would like to know what type of person I am dealing with; and (ii) as some members of our community believe, vendors ought to be able to share their side of the story. At any rate, kokolee is not a client of LM''s, nor is there such a thing as jeweller-client privilege.
2. In response to your question, please refer to the highlighted portion of my post.
Harriet, i must admit you sound like LM''s (public) defender..., after all this is a public forum!
LM is a big boy..., I am certain he can relay his side if he wished!!!

And there is something as Jeweler-client priviledge..., Its not written in the laws..., but it is part of any jewelers "ethical" behavior!!

Now as far as my knowledge of LM....
I commisioned Leon to create two rings for me a long time ago (about 10 years).
I was extremely happy with his quality back then!!!
I have no recent experience with him..., so I am hoping he kept his quality in tact!

But back then he was (at least) on the same level in cratsmanship as Tiffany, HW, Etc, etc...

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! i am neither pro or con leon mege. i do feel that he enjoys a great deal of good will from many posters here and it is a plus for his business. i have no problem with people praising and advocating for someone they admire. i also have no problem with people posting about negative experiences that they have with designers and vendors.

more than one of the people who recently posted positive things about lm have also posted negative things in the past. i am not aware of people trying to discredit their posts. i think lm is well aware of ps and that if he wished he could post here himself. i do believe he is a big boy and can defend himself. i also don''t feel it is appropriate to allude to something that infers a poster may have done something inappropriate and not be willing to say what that was. some things are better left unsaid.

i don''t have a dog in this hunt this is just my humble opinion. i am not faulting or discrediting lm or his work nor am i discrediting the op truthfulness in her opinion on lm''s business practices or personality.
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can only infer from reading other threads that someone came in and insisted they had an appointment at the same time of Harriet's appointment and basically took her time. So it seems natural that LM would have to apologize to Harriet and explain the situation so that she would understand why she was being forced to wait. So I see nothing out of order about Leon having to explain the situation to Harriet, and I also see nothing wrong with Harriet posting here since she was involved indirectly in this situation. It's obvious to me that after the initial conflict, Leon probably chose not to work with the person. And that's fine. I respect Leon for NOT coming on here to defend himself, because that almost always makes the vendor look bad whether he was in the right or in the wrong. Recent rings like Widget's, Kaleigh's, and Starry's give me the confidence that I'd have Leon make me a ring. Their taste is impeccable and I know they would not be happy with anything but excellent workmanship.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 12:16:14 AM

kokolee,

1. Firstly, it was I who brought kokolee''s factually false statements to LM''s attention (I am distinguishing her objective from her subjective claims). I did so because (i) as LM''s is a small operation, I would like to know what type of person I am dealing with; and (ii) as some members of our community believe, vendors ought to be able to share their side of the story. At any rate, kokolee is not a client of LM''s, nor is there such a thing as jeweller-client privilege.
Harriet, it''s your right to ask a vendor questions, but please do not take any part in resolving whatever happening between that vendor and a consumer on PS forums.

Thank you.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2007 8:42:20 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I can only infer from reading other threads that someone came in and insisted they had an appointment at the same time of Harriet's appointment and basically took her time. So it seems natural that LM would have to apologize to Harriet and explain the situation so that she would understand why she was being forced to wait. So I see nothing out of order about Leon having to explain the situation to Harriet, and I also see nothing wrong with Harriet posting here since she was involved indirectly in this situation.Incorrect, she was "told" about it. It's obvious to me that after the initial conflict, Leon probably chose not to work with the person. And that's fine. I respect Leon for NOT coming on here to defend himself, because that almost always makes the vendor look bad whether he was in the right or in the wrong. Not quite. Vendors can come here and state their position in accurate, professional, and factual manner, thus showing their professionalism in resolving issues. Recent rings like Widget's, Kaleigh's, and Starry's give me the confidence that I'd have Leon make me a ring. Their taste is impeccable and I know they would not be happy with anything but excellent workmanship.
Guys, please do not make issues like this more dramatic than they are. Let's try to keep the discussions constructive and leading toward resolving issues, not making them more tangled because of the nature of public forums.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results