shape
carat
color
clarity

DO NOT CALL...list expires in 2008, USA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
To avoid telemarketers...be sure you add yourself to this list. If you were on the list, you should know it expires in 2008. Cell and land lines alike. Think this is only for US phone users.

Brring, Brring, Brring, yes hello Mrs Smith may I interest you in a genuine authentic original simulated fine grain... South African water buffalo hyde 32 piece luggage set?

Ah, yes...yes you have peeked my interest! Argh!!!

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

DKS

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It expires? Where does it say that? I was under the impression that it would be valid for five years from the point in which a person registered?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
when i checked my numbers, it said they dont expire til 2010. perhaps it has to do with when you signed up? or where you live?
1.gif

ETA: i signed up in 2005 so perhaps it's 5 yrs before you have to re-register?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just double checked mine, too, and my number expires 3/30/2012, so it is five years after you register.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine expires July 2008, I signed up pretty quickly once it was established. How early should you re-register??

Also - I'm just curious - I read that autodialers are NOT allowed to call cell phone numbers. Which means you don't have to sign up cell phone numbers on the list. Is this true?

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
You have to renew your number every few years. This provision was a sop to the industry lobbyists who were fighting tooth and nail against the whole idea. I''m not sure how long a listing lasts.

Note that this list doesn''t include cell numbers--it''s illegal to make telemarketing calls to cell numbers, period.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually, the list does include cell phone numbers - the numbers I registered 4 years ago were cell phone numbers. However, what I read about the telemarketer autodialers not being allowed to call cell phones is true.

More Info

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 1:24:16 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Actually, the list does include cell phone numbers - the numbers I registered 4 years ago were cell phone numbers. However, what I read about the telemarketer autodialers not being allowed to call cell phones is true.

More Info
oh, that is good to know about cell phones too, thanks FG!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I checked this out on truthorfiction.com and read that this was an e-rumor and mostly fiction...i got an email from my mother today with this same warning so that''s what prompted me to check it out. So true or false? I am not sure what to believe.
33.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Monnie - I got my info (and the link I provided) directly from the do not call list website itself...so it''s true. Your registration does expire within 5 years. If you click the link I posted, it takes you to the FAQ page on the Do No Call List website.
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/14/2007 12:55:20 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Hey Monnie - I got my info (and the link I provided) directly from the do not call list website itself...so it''s true. Your registration does expire within 5 years. If you click the link I posted, it takes you to the FAQ page on the Do No Call List website.
1.gif
Thanks for the info FG! I am never sure what to believe with all the e-rumors out there in cyberspace!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results