shape
carat
color
clarity

Do I look & try it on or let him pick it up?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
So, I''m getting closer. The jeweler called and said my ring will be in late next week. We are making plans to drive to Chicago to pick it up on the 12th. But I don''t get to officially wear it that day...he wants to keep it and plan the whole real proposal thing. So....should I go with him and look at it and try it on ...or just let him go by himself and pick it up? It will be really hard to give it back once I get that baby on....What would you do?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I think you should let him pick it up. There''s no way I''d let my ring off my finger
11.gif
. If you don''t see it before the proposal it will be a little bit of a surprise, which is always nice
9.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I''d totally let him go get it on his own...I''d probably pester my bf to death in the car if I wasn''t allowed to have it!
That''s so exciting that you''ll get the ring soon though. Where in Chicago did you have it done?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with everone, let him go and pick it up. If you went with him, it would be torture for you to have to give it back to him. I also think the whole eliment of suprise would be ruined. I know if it were me I would fall in love with it and hate to give it back, even if it was just for a little while! Just my 0.2
31.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
The ring is a 3 sided pave Michael B setting with a 1.2 F VVS2 radiant stone. I picked out both so I know what they are so there is no surprise there. The jeweler is Goldin''s on Michigan Ave. They are getting the ring back from Michael B on Feb 10 or Feb 11. Part of me wants to go just to check and make sure everything looks as it should before the ring leaves the jewelers. The other part just wants him to get it because it will be really hard to give it back. He did say I could wear it in the car all the way back (about 2 hours)......
31.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
IslandDreams: I have the same ring (with a different center stone) you won''t be dissapointed! Mine was PERFECT I am sure yours is too!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the other gals. Too much separation anxiety the other way.

YAY!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Let your soon to be FI wow you with it. I hope it''s "girl soon".
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Let him pick it up alone. Plus wearing in the car for two hours would be kind of mean b/c then you have to give it back and it is just a tease. Let him surprise you from this point on. Your ring is going to be gorgeous!!! I can''t wait to see hand pics.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I hate to say it, because it will be torturous, but I agree with the other gals....better to have it presented the ONE time and never have to give it back ever!! Just make sure that the bf checks it out carefully at the jewelers. Almost here!!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
This could get interesting. He says he wants me to go...because I''m pickier than he is and he might not notice something that is not quite right....He''s even offering up a date day in Chicago with dinner out....I know he''s not going to give me the ring yet because there is a big family gathering where I will meet his extended family the weekend of Feb 19 and he wants to do that before we are officially engaged. I suspect it will be early March...fairly "girl soon" I guess. Oh, this waiting thing is hard. Glad you girls are here!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I bet that''ll be gorgeous!!
30.gif
I know I love FTLOD''s, so I''m sure I''ll love yours too!!
1.gif

I think you should go let him pick it up himself. It will build a little suprise/suspense for you.. just in case you haven''t had enough. LOL!!
9.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, it turns out I am going with him to the jeweler at least. He wants to pick out his wedding band this weekend too. So, now I get to decide if I am just going to sit in the waiting area while he gets my ring or if I''ll actually take a look.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
If he wants you to go with him, then you can''t just sit in the waiting room, that would be absolute torture!!! Thats so cute that he''s already thinking about the wedding band.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, wish me luck ladies. The big ring pick-up date is tomorrow. Since we''re looking at wedding rings for him I have to go. I''m pretty much with Appletini that it will be impossible to sit in the waiting room while he gets it so I''m probably going to get to see it. But he''s going to keep it after we leave the store and will no doubt make me wait a few weeks. I can''t wait
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results