shape
carat
color
clarity

Do gentlemen prefer...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Grated puffin! That sounds delicious. And funny! Do you think I could steal it? Who's Jeremy Clarkson?

OK, this would be the full menu (working draft anyway):

Wedding of Indy Gal and Indy Gal's FI
April 13, 2008
Dinner Menu

Appetizer:

Morels flambe with chestnut mousse and pickled beet accoutrement

Second Course, Choice of:

Giraffe steak au gratin, with seasonal mixed things

or

Seared Penguin 'a la Hawaiian Moonlight'

Desert:

Cream

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually *love* chicken.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I think we did salmon or chicken choice at my wedding. We also had vegetarian. I live in Northern California, I didn''t even consider beef.

I have never ordered the "beef" choice so I would not mind if you did not offer it.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Chicken? Chicken? But what about the seared penguin? Would that do?

(I actually LOVE chicken too, and don''t even EAT beef! just seeking out what would make the majority of guests happiest!)

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... Relatively plain chicken screams cheap. Nice Chicken does not (example: a good Chicken cordon blue will likely be remembered- but its got to be good and not poorly done).

A nicely done Turkey would do as well or better yet.

One of the reasons beef is used so often is that while it is difficult to come up with really properely prepared beef for a large group. It is equally hard to really come off poorly with it (and relatively easy to come off poorly with chicken).

Also, have you considered pork (with a few beef dishes for those who follow biblical diatary restrictions).

Whatever you decide there is one thing that you absolutely must do: Ask your guest if anyone has food allergy problems. Then prepare a special meal just for them if needed (This is a problem I have).

Perry

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 8:27:32 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Grated puffin! That sounds delicious. And funny! Do you think I could steal it? Who''s Jeremy Clarkson?
Oh sure you could steal it; he just mentioned it randomly during a show he was on as something that allegedly happened to him (not sure I believe him or not).

As for who he is, he''s the dude who hosts ''Top Gear,'' a very funny car show where British guys basically abuse the crap out of nice vehicles. My favourite episode is when Jeremy Clarkson turns a Mercedes S class sedan into his dream (mobile) cottage! In this clip, once you get past the first 30 seconds which is from the previous part of the show where they designed the car, the other guys on the show take the "cottage" out for a test drive and it is SO funny! ''Top Gear'' clip

Morels flambe with chestnut mousse and pickled beet accoutrement

Second Course, Choice of:

Giraffe steak au gratin, with seasonal mixed things

or

Seared Penguin ''a la Hawaiian Moonlight''

Desert:

Cream
Heheheheh, cute!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results