shape
carat
color
clarity

Do all radiants have some light leakage?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moogiemae

Rough_Rock
I just returned from seeing a beautiful fancy light yellow radiant. It had a small squarish silvery area visible on either side when looking face on. It lessened at different angles and still showed sparkles overtop. My jeweller said this was normal since all radiants have some light leakage. Is this true or should I keep looking? I would appreciate any comments. Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
True.

And from the description I suspect that the leakage was something apparent at a respectable tilt. Then, that would be true for virtually every diamond - at some angle.

But your description hardly sounds enthusiastic...
40.gif
Was there any other fancy light yellow to compare with?

Sadly, online picture don't show what diamonds look like at a tilt ... how they look in motion or what not. But with all the shortcomings, you might still find good pictures useful. The largest collections online I know of are at Icestore and Scheiner Diamonds. It can't hurt to look around.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious...

Does this reminds you of the stone you have seen? (pointing towards the crescent shaped leakage areas along the long sides)

450QR.jpg

moogiemae

Rough_Rock
Thanks Valeria:

The diamond is really very beautiful. It has tons of sparkle and you can see pinpoints of colour in the center of the stone. He did show me another yellow stone that had the same markings in the exact same places. They are small and squarish shaped. It is an original radiant could it still show this light leakage? With such life in the stone should I be concerned about seeing these areas? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results