shape
carat
color
clarity

DMB Fans - song list

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All
I am a HUGE DMB fan and want to play a lot of their music at the reception. Is this "ok" to do?
im trying to get together my Play and Do NoT Play lists and Im wondering what others are doing,.
Would anyone mind posting their PLAY lists and DO NOT PLAY lists so i can see.

If you are a DMB fan like me, how much of it will you play and what songs? I would love to play it all night long! LOL

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, I'm not getting married just yet but a very big DMB fan myself. Hence the alias 'Dreamgirl'.
30.gif

I'd play quite a few DMB songs. Definitely 'Oh', 'Crash', obviously 'Dreamgirl' there would be so many. Let me think about it and I'll get back to you.
2.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks = there are so many good dancy'' ones
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Save Me
Two Step

Back you Up (almost our first dance song)
etc
etc
etc

AlliMay

Rough_Rock
Here are a few of my faves that we may use for either a wedding CD or at our celebration back home (after DW). Several are covers which I love:

Waste (Phish Cover)
I''ll Back You Up
If I Had a Boat (Lyle Lovett cover)
One Sweet World
In My Life (Beatles cover)
Satellite (or After Her - original version of the song)
The Song that Jane Likes
The Space Between

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
of course i am going to say it is totally ok to do :)
we would love to play all dmb, since we met at a show and are both HUGE fans (i''ve been to 120 shows, FI has been to over 200)....but....we also want ALL of our guests to enjoy the music, not only our DMB crew that will be there.

for us so far....
bridal party is walking down to #34
recessional=two step
introduction will be probably ASTB or stand up (as a joke)
cake cutting = too much
1st dance = loving wings

through the party, we will definitely be playing warehouse, ants, billies, crush, wayg, waste, maker, oh, dmb''s cover of sweet caroline, 41 and i think pnp--->rapunzel might be the start of dancing

i also want to try to fit in some more...we''ll see how it goes. we love alot of other artists, too so we want to try to get a good variety - pearl jam, ben harper, jack johnson, david gray, etc....AND make sure we play some classic songs to get people on the dance floor (80s stuff, hip hop, just a good variety)

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
what is
wayg and astb?

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
whoops...sorry....i''m just so used to doing that!

wayg = where are you going
astb = anyone seen the bridge - the funky jam they do live between so much to say and too much

:)

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
OMG i love all the funky jams they do, i love them so much.
being at a show is one of my most favorite places to be - i swear! ughhhhhhhhhhh
send me more you think of to play - ohhhh how about recently!!???!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
recently is great
and granny

during dinner or cocktail....
maker
acoustic dave and tim songs (like crush or crash or anything dave and tim)
lover lay down
dreamgirl
captain
i''ll back you up
good good time
oh
waste

dancing......
best of whats around
so right
so much to say--->too much
pig
what would you say
two step
ants
billies
nancies
rapunzel
louisiana bayou
stand up
jtr
everyday
stay (good song to end the evening...i may do this or warehouse, since warehouse is my favorite song)

if i think of any more appropriate ones i''ll let you know....

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
jtr?

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
song from the lillywhite sessions...its on a bunch of the live trax and the folsom field dvd/cd

go to youtube and search - you might recognize the song once you hear it

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I love dmb and will play them at the wedding, buuuut, me and fi are even bigger angels and airways, jack johnson, jason mraz (especially lucky in love) and blink 182 songs. I love 80s music but I''m tired of going to weddings where they play the same thing everyone else plays, how boring!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! There are some hardcore DMB fans here...I love it!!!

I quoted #41 in my high school graduation yearbook quote. One of my all-time favourite DMB songs.

Warehouse is my #1 favourite but not the most danceable. :)

So Right would be a fabulous pick to play at your wedding!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 4:25:12 PM
Author: sammyj

Warehouse is my #1 favourite but not the most danceable. :)

my #1, too....but i think its very dancable :)
have you heard the live versions with the salsa jam in them?

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
My FI said today. "A" this is our wedding not a dmb concert for you and i said, I WILL be dancing to a handful of dave songs at my wedding and my MOH, bridesmaid and YOU (meaning him) will be right there with me.!
he likes dave too but doesn''t know how "wedding like" the songs are.
I LOVE dave. i need to dance to him, how cool would it be to have him play ? ughhhhhhhhhhh dave and tim at your wedding! CAN YOU IMAGINE? heheheheheh

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
for as much as i love DMB, i would not want dave at my wedding. we have wayyy too many DMB fans as guests, so if dave was there, the day would be remembered by them as ''the day i met dave'' rather than my wedding day

although if he wants to do a solo set at cocktail hour and then leave, i wouldnt be offended ;-)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
sorry - I have to vote no. play one or two songs, but that''s it. if some people don''t like DMB they will not be happy. it''s better to have a good mix. I personally would only like to hear "Crash" but how in the world do you dance to that?

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 5:05:16 PM
Author: noelwr
sorry - I have to vote no. play one or two songs, but that''s it. if some people don''t like DMB they will not be happy. it''s better to have a good mix. I personally would only like to hear ''Crash'' but how in the world do you dance to that?

I have to agree. But, what about a DMB bachelorette where you and all your BMs get a hotel and see a show? I assume they will be touring this summer.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
they''re in vegas...in early may....perfect for bachelorette.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results