shape
carat
color
clarity

Discontinued -- MOURNING products

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got an email from my sister last week (who happens to be like 8 1/2 months preggo -- so possibly in hormone overload) DEVESTATED because DiGiorno has stopped making their refrigerator pasta/ tubs of pesto. It's still on some store shelves, so she'd found what stores were near every family member and asked us all to go out & try to corner the market on the remaining products. NO LUCK.

But it got me to thinking about discontinued products that we love so much we actually MOURN.

For me:

1) Bloom brand "Pout" color lipstick in the skinny tube. Perfect color - vanilla/choc scent & flavor, silky, non-sticky texture. BOOO HOOO HOOO.

2) The Body Shop's original Green Apple shower gel -- I know there are a million versions of this NOW ... but back in the day, this was the only one, and when it "went away" I was sad for months. Years maybe!

What PRODUCTS have you LOVED & LOST to the "discontinued" vortex???

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
The Body Shop''s Hazelnut oil for diffusers, and their passionfruit lip balm. The smell of it drove men crazy-- in a good way.

Also, ''UnPetrolleum'' (I think that''s the way you spell their name) lip medication lip balm-- all natural ingredients that moisturized and smoothed the lips like crazy, and smelled like rich christmas spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, hazelnut) and tea. Amazing.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh the horrors!
39.gif

i go overboard buying my favorite products for fear that i will never be able to find them again. sometimes i buy so much of something that i have entirely too many in reserve when a new and improved product comes out that is actually improved! there have been a few times that i was caught completely off guard by a fave being discontinued. most recently it was bath & body work eucalyptus spearmint shampoo and conditioner. they still carry eucalyptus spearmint pillow spray, lotion, candles, body wash....etc etc etc... but NO shampoo and conditioner!
39.gif

thanks for conjuring the painful memories deco.
i only thought i was over it.
39.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA!! I sorely miss the 03 Gentle glow 4 compact powder by Clinique. I buy my lipsticks in bulk so if god forbid they get discontinued I have back ups for a year or so. But man do I miss that powder.
39.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 3:19:28 PM
Author: belle
oh the horrors!
39.gif

i go overboard buying my favorite products for fear that i will never be able to find them again. sometimes i buy so much of something that i have entirely too many in reserve when a new and improved product comes out that is actually improved! there have been a few times that i was caught completely off guard by a fave being discontinued. most recently it was bath & body work eucalyptus spearmint shampoo and conditioner. they still carry eucalyptus spearmint pillow spray, lotion, candles, body wash....etc etc etc... but NO shampoo and conditioner!
39.gif

39.gif
Hey Belle, you can still get them on their website- both the shampoo and the conditioner. I just saw it because I''m mourning the discontinuation of their Balance watermint & lemongrass linen spray. The eucalyptus (glad you spelled it) spearmint pillow spray is the replacement for my fave and I noticed they sell the hair stuff on their site.....

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
aveda''s eye shadow in beach pebble. now it takes me 3 different colors to try to come close to this PERFECT shade. it makes me sad every morning i put on eye shadow.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me it was Deneuve perfume, body lotion and body cream. I still miss it.
39.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Estee Lauder Youth Dew shower gel--for years it was d/c''s, until Tom Ford''s recent new version (which is lovely--Amber Nude) was launched for three times the old price.....

But gone forever is Mary Quant''s tuberose perfume pot.....
7.gif

slb

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Galateia- I am sitting here right now next to a very old tub of Unpetroleum Strawberry-Mango lip jelly! I bought like 6 tubs of this stuff a long time ago and use it rarely; I stlll have most of them (although they''re almost empty); Mandarin Orange, Key Lime, Pineapple Coconut, Strawberry-Mango, and Raspberry (which is actually sort of nasty and reminds me of the spray anesthetic they use at the dentist.) I keep the little ones stashed everywhere in my house for chapstick emergencies.

(DH thinks I am nuts there are probably 10 tubes of chapstick in my house, one in each of my purses, a couple in my car, one in HIS car just for me; I like to have it handy at all times).

As for favorite products discontinued;

Morningstar Farms used to make a vegetarian Chicken Pot Pie that was absolutely out of this world. It was truly delicious comfort foot and the best frozen meal I''ve EVER eaten. It''s been probably 3 years and I am still in mourning.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Philosophy''s Guru scrub!!! That was the BEST ever.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
The "old" coca cola.

Which doesn''t taste the same as coke "classic" to me.

Pre "New Coke" Coca Cola was sweetened with sugar from sugar cane and still had a little "bite".

It wasn''t sugary/syrupy sweet tasting like the corn syrup product they replaced it with.

Including the fake "Classic" Coke.

Corn Syrup, bah! I can taste the difference. Won''t drink it.

If I could go back in time about 50 years the first thing I would do is buy an ice cold Coca -Cola in a glass bottle.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone try to new coke with the coffee essence? Seems a bit queer to me...but hey, what do I know? Sounds like something you would find in the garbage disposal!!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 3:30:29 PM
Author: fountainfairfax

oh the horrors!
39.gif

39.gif

39.gif
Hey Belle, you can still get them on their website- both the shampoo and the conditioner. I just saw it because I''m mourning the discontinuation of their Balance watermint & lemongrass linen spray. The eucalyptus (glad you spelled it) spearmint pillow spray is the replacement for my fave and I noticed they sell the hair stuff on their site.....
ohmygosh!
36.gif
thank you fff! you just made my day
36.gif
and they are having a SALE! wooohooooo
thank you thank you thank you!

i wish i could bring back the watermint & lemongrass linen spray for you
7.gif

how is the replacement working? i don''t like it quite as much as the lotion or the hair products but i do use it.
thanks again for letting me know about the website. i''m off to order more than i could ever use and maybe find something new.
26.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
You guys remember the cosmetic line Clarion? They had the "computer" skin typing machine in the drugstore so you could find your good colors, etc? I cant remember the name of the shade but they had the BEST lipstick color I went through like 3 tubes my freshmen year in HS (1994), the closest I can find to it now is Touch by M.A.C. but it was the best neutral lip color ever. I loved that entire cosmetic line *sniff*

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Baby Magic''s original scent baby lotion. Playtex recently sold "baby magic" to landers and not the formula. So the product is still there, new packaging and a new scent. It smells alright, but not the baby lotion I have used since I was a baby
39.gif

also, Crabtree and Evelyn''s Spring Rain candles. I used the lotions as stuff in middle school/jr. high and started buying the candles for my bathrooms. Loved them and they are gone.

yankee candle- lemon pound cake..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you still get Flex and Outrageous shampoos and conditioners in the States? I used to love those.

Dilys Perfume by Laura Ashley was one of my faves and they stopped making it about 8 years ago
29.gif

Drat! Yankee Candle in Green Grass
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
Yankee assured me that " Meadow Mist" was very similar.

Note to Yankee Candles - MEADOW MIST IS NOT IN ANY WAY SIMILAR! BRING BACK GREEN GRASS ASAP!

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 5:16:44 PM
Author: tanuki
The ''old'' coca cola.
Which doesn''t taste the same as coke ''classic'' to me.
Pre ''New Coke'' Coca Cola was sweetened with sugar from sugar cane and still had a little ''bite''.
It wasn''t sugary/syrupy sweet tasting like the corn syrup product they replaced it with.
Including the fake ''Classic'' Coke.
If I could go back in time about 50 years the first thing I would do is buy an ice cold Coca -Cola in a glass bottle.
Tanuki-
Have you tried getting Mexican Coca-cola? You can get it at some Mexican restaurants and grocery stores. Apparently it''s still made with real sugar, and it''s kind of a cult favorite. And it comes in a glass bottle.
Here''s an article about it: http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20041109/news_1b9mexcoke.html

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
My friend worked for Clinique and she sent me some of their product called Instant Energy. It was like a shower gel that smelled like spearmint. It was great but they discontinued it. I went online and bought 10 of them because I couldn''t find it locally.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 7:18:30 PM

Date: 6/12/2006 3:30:29 PM
Author: fountainfairfax

oh the horrors!
39.gif

39.gif

39.gif
ohmygosh!
36.gif
thank you fff! you just made my day
36.gif
and they are having a SALE! wooohooooo
thank you thank you thank you!

i wish i could bring back the watermint & lemongrass linen spray for you
7.gif

how is the replacement working? i don''t like it quite as much as the lotion or the hair products but i do use it.
thanks again for letting me know about the website. i''m off to order more than i could ever use and maybe find something new.
26.gif
I''m so glad I could help! I''m usually chock-full of usless info, so finally I can help someone!

I think the replacement is very nice (I also like the same shampoo as you- it tingles
3.gif
) but it''s just not the same as my watermint/lemongrass....I really should check ebay!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 5:24:13 PM
Author: saturn
Date: 6/12/2006 5:16:44 PM

Author: tanuki

The ''old'' coca cola.

Which doesn''t taste the same as coke ''classic'' to me.

Pre ''New Coke'' Coca Cola was sweetened with sugar from sugar cane and still had a little ''bite''.

Including the fake ''Classic'' Coke.

Tanuki-

Have you tried getting Mexican Coca-cola? You can get it at some Mexican restaurants and grocery stores. Apparently it''s still made with real sugar, and it''s kind of a cult favorite. And it comes in a glass bottle.

Here''s an article about it: http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20041109/news_1b9mexcoke.html

When I was in Mexico about 13-14 years ago, I remember every restaurant served Coke and it was definitely REAL coke. It was so good I drank that instead of my die hard Diet Coke as usual. I could not believe the nostalgia drinking the "old Coke" formula from my childhood it induced!

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
So all I gotta do is Google (where can I import some) Mexican Coke and my problem is solved? Hmmm.

If I can find out how to word my search so the DEA doesn''t come after me I will give it a try.

Thanks for knowing where to find the Real Thing.

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
Oh man...I''ve got a huge list of things.

1. (Of course, the first is a food item!) CARNATION BREAKFAST BARS
They were so good. They came in peanut butter, and I used to LOVE those things. I wish I could still find them...
2. Kiwi Lip gloss from The Body Shop...that stuff was so yummy.
3. Safari (perfume) for women by Ralph Lauren...it smelled so good on my skin...I haven''t smelled anything like it.

There''s more, but those are my biggies right now...more to come, I''m sure!
35.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVED Carnation Instant Breakfast Bars!!! LOVED THEM. I look for them everytime I am at the store...but alas, no luck.

And for me, it seems whenever I find a foundation I really like, it is discontinued.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Angela & Lysser ... haven''t taken this "Carnation Breakfast Bar" recipie for a test drive .. but, ya never know! Oh, and the powder stuff now comes in Dark Chocolate (more antioxidents than a glass of Green Tea!) -- as if those were your two choices ... hmmm, should I have a thick Dark Chocolate breakfast shake or a glass of GREEN TEA??
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
tanuki, not sure where you live but here in N. CA i can throw a stone and hit like 10 mexican supermarkets...and any one of them carry the thick bottled coke basically! or a mexican restaurant typically has it too here. good luck!!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Allison: Sometimes Clinique will bring it back. It was discontinued before, but last year they brought it back for a short time...I hope it comes back too! I loved that stuff!

My other mourners:
Bath and Body Works Flowering Herbs
Victoria''s Secret Whispering Mist (My absolute fav of all time)
Clinique Almost Lipstick in Almost Mocha (couldn''t even find any on ebay)
15.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh, IrishAngel, B&BW''s flowering herbs was awesome!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2006 1:11:23 PM
Author: Angela1977
Oh man...I''ve got a huge list of things.

1. (Of course, the first is a food item!) CARNATION BREAKFAST BARS

They were so good. They came in peanut butter, and I used to LOVE those things. I wish I could still find them...

OMG! my jaw droooopppped as i read CARNATION BBs! YUM favorite. years ago they came out with a newer version and i hated them. they definitely weren''t as good. but the good ole ones, one word- YUM!
i want one now
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results