shape
carat
color
clarity

Diplomas: do you frame 'em, hang 'em, roll 'em? what?

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I bought my frames at Michael's and they are on the wall in my office at work. I think each from for my BA and MS were about $25 each. If I didn't need them up the wall, they would be in a box in the closet.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
My parents paid for both my Degree and my "graduate of the year" award to be profesionally framed as a graduation gift.
Each frame cost $150NZD (about $110USD) for the custom frame and high quality materials, they don't exactly match but they do go together.

I think what you have been quoted is pretty harsh but maybe thats just what it costs in the US? Is it worth it to you? Will you have somewhere to hang them?

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully stashed away somewhere! I haven't seen them in awhile and I tend to move a lot so... fingers crossed! I'm not too interested in them now, clearly, but I'm sure I'd like to hang them up some day.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
That reminds me! I really need to have mine framed. Right now it's just gathering dust a box in the closet. I worked too hard for it to stay there though. :bigsmile:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Frame' em!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
My brother bought me an expensive frame for a graduation gift (one with a tassel). It was expensive, around 400, but it looks great. I worked hard for my degree so for now it's in my bedroom where I wake up to it. Don't tell anyone, though, it makes me feel a little narcissistic.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to work in a photo store and I did a lot of framing, one option we used to give people with an odd size project who didn't want a custom frame was to use a standard size frame but cut a custom matt for it. The matt is that colored thick cardstock like thing in between your picture and the frame. You could look into that and it could save you a bundle!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
April20 said:
Is it bad if I tell you I'm not even sure where mine is right now? It's still in the black thingy it came in. I think it's in a box in my basement or maybe on a shelf in my office. I've never been one to hang that kind of stuff. I don't even hang pictures of us on the walls. I prefer interesting art.
My response is almost identical. I hope I don't ever have to prove I am a college graduate.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
My parents have it. I think it's just on a shelf at a moment. I'm really not in a career path where it would be normal to hang it in my office and I really don't care to have it at home.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I have no clue where my HS diploma is. My college diploma is matted and framed which I received for a graduation gift. Its unfortunately still in PA; Im in CO. We have a lot of art at my mother's house that didn't make the move, so when we go get that, I'll hang my diploma in our office.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
In a envelope in the file cabinet with other school paperwork.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave the original to my father, as he paid my way through my 4.5 years of college until I obtained my BS. I was the first, and only, in my immediate family to complete a degree although my father attended 4 different colleges for a total of 7 years without graduating with a degree due to his family's businesses and his being called to duty during the Vietnam years. One of my happiest, yet saddest, moments in life was having my mother and father in the audience on my graduation day, and the very next, having my father hug me and tell me that he was proud of me for the first time in my life. I thought he deserved to have my diploma for all of the blood, sweat, tears, and finally, money, he put into helping me earn that diploma. I could honestly write a book about the things my family has done for me...i would not ever go so far as to say they sacrificed, but they were very giving and loving and they absolutely deserved to be able to hang on to that part of my existence since I (with their blessings) blew about wherever the wind took me from that day forward. I eventually came back and couldn't have chosen a softer place to land.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
My undergrad one is propped up in the folder you get with it at my parents' house. My law one is currently sitting in its folder on my lamp table. I wish I had thought to send it back with my parents. Eventually I'll get it framed - the bookstore seemed to be selling frames for about $200 I think, so not too bad. Though I would like both to match :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results