shape
carat
color
clarity

Dinner ring, circa 1973

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock

This one is special to me, as my Mom designed it in about 1973. Here own Ering (1945) had become worn so she took her ring, incorporated a couple of rings that my Grandmother had, and created this dinner ring.

I have always fancied that it looks like a dragonfly. It is now mine, and I wear it on special occasions and when I want to have a bit of her near me. I will definitely be wearing this on my right hand next year when I get married.

dinner ring 1.JPG

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
another view

dring 2.JPG

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
You are so fortunate to have a unique piece from your mother, which will be such a beautiful ring for your right hand. Keep her close!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful design. What a lovely ring! Do you have any hand shots?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first thought was that it looked like a dragonfly too. I''m slightly obsessed with dragonflies though.
2.gif
I think it''s really pretty and unique. I''d love to see some hand pics.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!!! It is gorgeous!!! I love intricate bands like that. You are so lucky to have that
1.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
What a beautifully sweet and sentimental ring. ITA with SDL, besides being really pretty, your dinner ring has character
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I simply love your ring!!!!!! What a precious way to keep your mother close to you

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really beautiful and can tell you love having it as a way of keeping your Mom close to you. It''s very special indeed.

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
I will try to get a hand shot when I get home today so you can see the width of the band. I know it is hard to figure things out when there is no finger to give it perspective.

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Here is a hand shot

to show the width.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is really pretty and I can definitely see the dragonfly. Thanks for sharing.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I don''t see a dragonfly, but I do see a lovely floral design.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely. Not at all what I thought a "dinner ring" would look like. Just lovely.

CaityJ

Rough_Rock
That is a really gorgeous ring. I love to see nice finishing details like millegrain. Also, the floral design, in addition to the colour of the metal, make it a really timeless piece. You''re very lucky to have had a mother with such great taste and imagination.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
So pretty. I''m jealous!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely a dragonfly! Well, it is to me, but I have so many dragonfly things (including rings and earrings), I may be too used to picking them out.
30.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Its beautiful!! I love it! What a beautiful idea to wear it on your wedding day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results