shape
carat
color
clarity

Digital Picture Frame?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
I know nothing about them... Are there any brands that are better than others? I have no room on my first floor for framed pictures so I would like one that holds a lot of pics. I also want one that looks really nice too. I would like it too be a nice, classy frame that I could sit on an end table next to a lamp (so 5x7 or 8x10 size).

I see them everywhere at Target, BBB, etc. I want to make sure I get a "good" one that will hold up well over time. Are they all pretty standard?

Thanks in advance for any tips or links.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know what your budget is, but I''d highly recommend Pandigital''s 8" frame. It runs for $149.99 at most places.

If you want smaller, Pandigital has a 6" version as well. I found these recently at Target - they were marked down to about $70, and then further marked down to $49.

I dislike the Kodak frames, mostly because they are mostly 16:9 format (widescreen), so the actual display area for pictures (which are 4:3) is smaller.

I''d recommend sticking to frames that have an option to hold a media card (i.e. SD card); it''s more convenient to simply remove the card and stick it into a laptop to edit/change pictures instead of having to find the USB cable to hook it up.

Here''s a link to the 8" frame; it''s often on sale at Macy''s or Target for $149. http://www.target.com/Pandigital-Digital-Photo-Changeable-Plates/dp/B000UVNIA8/sr=1-3/qid=1226971299/ref=sr_1_3/185-6769813-9479949?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Apandigital&page=1

This is the 6" frame - http://www.target.com/Pandigital-Jackson-Digital-Frame-Black/dp/B000TLVK4U/sr=1-12/qid=1226971111/ref=sr_1_12/185-6769813-9479949?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Apandigital&page=1

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the links. The larger one says it holds 150 pictures. Is that internal memory in the frame and a media card allows for more? I see frames advertised that say they hold a lot more pictures than that?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Hi dancingqueen!

To answer your question, no, they are not standard across the board. With digital frames, I find that you pay for what you get. Some frames show pictures that aren''t very crisp and the quality isn''t terrific. I''m definitely not an expert here, but I''d highly recommend going to different stores and actually seeing what how the pictures display. When I bought one for my parents (I bought a Kodak frame), the SA at Futureshop said that Kodak and Samsung were the top-selling frames. I personally prefer the sleekness of the Samsung frames!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 9:56:53 PM
Author: dancingqueen
Thanks for the links. The larger one says it holds 150 pictures. Is that internal memory in the frame and a media card allows for more? I see frames advertised that say they hold a lot more pictures than that?
Hmmm....didn''t see that.

Try this link - this is the one at Macy''s and it holds 3200 pictures http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=312643&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

It''s the Pandigital PanTouch 8" frame.....on sale for $149.99

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
I would just like to add to that no matter how good of frame you get, the photo''s will only be as clear and crisp as they were when you took them.
So make sure you have your digital camera set on the higest quality setting, high mega-pixiel, for best clarity. Expecially if you want larger photo frame, the 8'' one, you want to make sure your photos are going to be crisp and clear when they are displayed that large.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results