shape
carat
color
clarity

Digital camera question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am considering a new camera but I don''t know if it will be worth it. I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-W80 which has 7.2 million pixels. I think its ok for normal photo taking but I think the macro is a bit choosy! Sometimes I get a really clear shot, other times it is really blurry. It helps if I turn the macro setting off, then back on again. Of course it could be a serious lack of skills on my part!

The one I am looking at is around £80 more expensive and its a Sony Cybershot DSC-H3. It has 8.1 million pixels. I had a quick try in the shop and it seems to get a much clearer shot of smaller things.

Does anyone own one of these? I don''t want to spend the money if its just because I am useless at taking photos!
9.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve heard the Canon 850 is really nice. We bought our daughter a Canon A640 for Christmas this year, but it''s 10 megapixels, and has some manual features, so we''ll see how that one works out. I have an inexpensive Lumix, my MIL has a really nice Lumix that takes the best pictures, but is much more expensive. We also have a Canon D70? 12 megapixel, but it''s too complicated for me. The girls also have older Sonys, but I think they''re only 5 megapixels, and never seemed to take the greatest pictures.

One thing I''ve learned a little more about is the memory cards. Get a good one that is recommended for the camera you choose (at least a 2 GB secure). This can make some difference too, and also allows faster picture taking in some cases. Just an idea.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is no advantage to upgrade to that camera. They both use the same focus system.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thankyou for your replies! I won''t bother changing it then
1.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I have this camera, and yes the macro is a little temperamental. I have found that sitting it on a hard surface and propping the ring up on something to make it at eye level works great. The long delay makes me mental too.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results