shape
carat
color
clarity

Different cushion facet structure, I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thedilleyo

Rough_Rock
Has anyone seen this facet structure? Any actual pictures of a diamond with this? The name on the cert is "Modified Rectangular Brilliant" if that helps.

facets072905.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Well isn't that interesting! don't think it's a cushion...maybe a radiant/cushion mutant LOL...In a good way ... Here is a cert for the modern cushions.that have reallyt excellent symmetry and polish and nice depths and small tables
3.gif
(the face down pattern is also the same for the H&A cushion and the same as what you show) .. I have a modern cushion...but even for rectangular shapes I've seen, the pix on the cert aren't exactly like that one you show on the left! Experts? Can you give some more details? I bet it's a well cut stone!!!

modcerthb.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with MMM, I bet that is a pretty stone. What else do you know about it? I have been searching for a cushion also and I have never seen a facet pattern like that. Get as much info as you can - and then share! I love the shape.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I went back and looked again. No I don''t know anything more. But I remember one time I was talking to the jewelry designer Michael Beaudry and we were talking about cushions and radiants. He said he was thinking about cutting a more rounded radiant and what you posted looks like what he was talking about. I think he called it a rounded radiant. I think I have a pic saved of something sorta'' simular. I''ll go look.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Could this be something sorta close. I can''t make out the facet pattern in my small saved pic.

rd9.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh! Starburst Radiant???...I need to investigate...

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Forget about it MMM, it''s too deep for you
41.gif
11.gif
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Shut it Noobs
9.gif

thedilleyo

Rough_Rock
Anyone have any more pictures of a "starburst radiant"?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That''s just a guess...I don''t even know wht that is...I just saw it online...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
re; Starburst Radiant

if you find one, let us know. A few years ago I tried to find one. Only saw 2, both at Neiman Marcus. Louis Glick and Doppelt(sp) are the distributors, I think.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Am I missing something or do none of those look like the plot in question?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
none look like the plot in question. hmmmmm....

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well here is a picture of a modified rectangular brilliant...
3X489_N07856-280.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Also check out this thread: LINK

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
My God, that ring is so me. Gotta have that shape.

Ok, how would I go about finding that shape in a 3-4ct?

I am just guessing, but I would bet that most vendors would cringe having to find that. Or, in my dreams, would it not be that hard?

One would have to look at the cert to check plot patterns. Heck, they''d have to charge me by the hour!!!!

But, I am serious. This is something I would like to check out. Anyone with ideas? Vendors chime in here?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock

Starburst Diamonds Shape

The Starburst Cut name is a patent of Louis Glick & Co. and U. Doppelt & Co. The Starburst was developed 25 years ago by the Louis Glick and U. Doppelt companies.

The Starburst is a modified radiant cut. It is a rectangular brilliant cut with 88 or more kite- and star-shaped facets. Often there are twice as many facets on a Starburst as on a traditional round cut. The cut originated as a way to bring the maximum amount of color to the top of fancy yellow diamonds. The starburst facet pattern is especially good at focusing color near the top of a stone, so fancy yellows appear even more intense, and that is why you see so many yellows cut this way.

The cut lends itself to the octahedron of typical diamond rough, with weight losses ranging from 45 to 50 percent. The cut of a Starburst optimizes the size of the stone to its mass ratio, making it look larger than its actual carat weight.

The Starburst''s many facets and its similarity to the look of a round brilliant give it lots of striking color options, especially in the whiter stones, but also in fancy yellow. Yellow and white Starbursts are commonly used as center stones for high-end rings.

Starbursts are also mounted in high-end bracelets and necklaces, some with six digit price tags. Starburst cut diamonds are very sought after by designers today.

Just some info I found. I am digging deep today!

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
The center stone of this ring looks like it has a similar facetting, at the very least the outline looks the same.
I don't know if it is a Modified Rectangular Brilliant, though.
The seller doesn't have a cert on the write up for the ring.

Pillow_Cushion_Ring.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: Ann
My God, that ring is so me. Gotta have that shape.
But, I am serious. This is something I would like to check out. Anyone with ideas? Vendors chime in here?
Is it the shape only you gotta have?
1.gif
If you want color too, check with David at www.diamondsbylauren.com He specializes in fancy diamonds, and I bet he could find somethng for you!

widget

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Widget,

It is THE shape! Though I love the color, I want colorless.

Allium

Rough_Rock
There are many different MRB's. Modified rectangle is a broad category and just means the outline varies from a standard rectangle (or cut-cornered rectangle) shape. Hence, this can include a round cornered rectangle as well as a curve sided rectangle. The MRB first posted by thedilleyo is a gorgeous cut-- one of my favorites. Unfortunately they're few and far between. They're like a cushion's more elegant cousin.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
or less elegant red headed step child LOL...of course, I''m kidding...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2005 5:24:12 PM
Author: Allium
There are many different MRB''s. Modified rectangle is a broad category and just means the outline varies from a standard rectangle (or cut-cornered rectangle) shape. Hence, this can include a round cornered rectangle as well as a curve sided rectangle. The MRB first posted by thedilleyo is a gorgeous cut-- one of my favorites. Unfortunately they''re few and far between. They''re like a cushion''s more elegant cousin.
So how would one find such a shape?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I don''t really see how the shape is different from a rectangular cushion...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2005 6:42:41 PM
Author: moremoremore
I don''t really see how the shape is different from a rectangular cushion...

MMM,

The way my search is going, I''ll try anything! Maybe it would open up another option than just looking for only a cushion.

I know it does look like a cushion and maybe it is. But I''d love to see a "rounded radiant" or whatever that thing is!

coconut

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another picture of a STARBURST!!
(I had a posting about it before..asking what a starburst was... but I''m too lazy to find my original thread...
31.gif
so Ill just attach the pics!!)

I believe it is.....a

Cartier 3.11ct Starburst Cut Engagement Ring
Price: $45,000.00
Item: 3085

Item description: This is a 100% authentic Cartier platinum diamond engagement ring. The ring is set with 3.11ct starburst cut diamond in the center flanked by a trilliant cut diamond on each side. The total weight of the side diamonds is 0.90ct. The color of the diamonds is D and the clarity is SI1. The ring comes with an official cartier appraisal as well as GIA certificate. The ring is size 3 1/2, but can be resized to any size at no extra charge.

(Web address : http://www.newyorkestatejewelry.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=800&category_id=3)

ebay_0311.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results