shape
carat
color
clarity

Didn''t know it was an Isee2 Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased my first diamond online. To say I am pleased with the stone would be an understatement. When evaluating the diamond online, it had grading reports from GIA & AGS. It also had a Lightscope analysis and a BrilliantScope analysis.

When the package arrived last night, I went through all of the paperwork. Although it was never mentioned online, this diamond is an Isee2 diamond and came with a certification and analysis that rated the diamond on a 1 to 10 scale.

Any good reason why the store would not mention the diamond is an Isee2? I just went back and double checked and there is no reference at all to Isee2 on this diamond.

Kevin

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 4:12:48 PM
Author:kevinyonker
I recently purchased my first diamond online. To say I am pleased with the stone would be an understatement. When evaluating the diamond online, it had grading reports from GIA & AGS. It also had a Lightscope analysis and a BrilliantScope analysis.

When the package arrived last night, I went through all of the paperwork. Although it was never mentioned online, this diamond is an Isee2 diamond and came with a certification and analysis that rated the diamond on a 1 to 10 scale.

Any good reason why the store would not mention the diamond is an Isee2? I just went back and double checked and there is no reference at all to Isee2 on this diamond.

Kevin
Kevin,

I believe Isee is not big on internet exposure. If you had walked into the store you may have been taken through those paces, whereas on the 'net that info is kept on the d/l.

It's in no way a negative. Consider it a supplemental piece of the puzzle, and since you are well-pleased with the diamond - Enjoy!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Okay....help me out....what''s an Isee2???

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
It came with an analysis and a certificate. The certificate gave the diamond''s origin which was South Africa. It gave the stones rough weight and where it was cut at which was Antwerp. It also said the diamond came from a conflicet free area. The analysis report was on brilliance, scintillation and symmetry. I had never heard of Isee2 until I opened the package.

jdhunter

Rough_Rock
Do you care to share where you got this diamond from?

Thanks!

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
If Kevin is from Yonkers I'm guessing the diamond came from Long Island.

Maybe it is not an ISee diamond per se. Any diamond can be put in the machine for ISee2 "grading".

The actual ISee2 diamonds have their logo inscribed on the table, do they not? If they do, wouldn't the grading lab list it in the comments section of the report? I've not seen one so I'm just repeating what I've read.

So what was the rating anyway. I presume it was good - no point in publishing the "rating" of a crappy diamond!

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
It is an Isee2 diamond as trademark is inscribed on stone. I purchased the stone from Good Old Gold. BrilliantScope results were 3 very highs and Isee2 results were 9.5 out of 10. Paperwork and documentatin are important. However, my eyes sold me. Visually, this diamond rocks! I'm not saying I have a "good eye" for diamonds, but after viewing many diamonds in person and finally saying, "that's the one", finding out the analysis doc's and certs support my visual opinion is pretty cool.

Yes, my last name is Yonker, but it's pure coincidence that I'm from Yonkers.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 8:39:41 AM
Author: kevinyonker
It is an Isee2 diamond as trademark is inscribed on stone. I purchased the stone from Good Old Gold. BrilliantScope results were 3 very highs and Isee2 results were 9.5 out of 10. Paperwork and documentatin are important. However, my eyes sold me. Visually, this diamond rocks!

kicken
both the b-scope and the isee2 have faults and arent the total picture but 3vh combined with 9+ are the cream of the crop.
Congrates!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results