shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you show your fiance your wedding dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
After you buy your wedding dress, did you wear it and show it to your fiance? My fiance think it is bad luck to do so and he just want to make sure what the pricescope ladies'' think.

Thanks!!!!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I don''t believe in that particular superstition, but I know quite a number of people do. I didn''t show him the dress right away, but he did see it before the wedding, since we had a destination elopement and frankly, he had to help me put it on! If your fiance thinks it''s bad luck though, I wouldn''t go forcing him to see it lol.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I really wanted him to see me in it but he insisted that he knows nothing of what i will look like on the day LOL

So No, i didn''t show him my dress.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies ladies.

Well....FI just came to see me today and he asked to see what I got from the bridal shop. I told him eventhough its not a bad luck, I still want him to wait until the day of the wedding for the element of surprise.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Any pics?????
31.gif

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
Hi! My husband (of 6 months:) is totally on your FI''s side. No peeking whatsoever.
When we made a new veil for our 2nd celebration in Italy (4 months after the 1st party), he did not want to see the new veil too! Total bad luck, he said.;-)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I don''t care if he did want to see it, the first time he lays eyes on it will be when I am walking down the aisle!!!!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
FI actually came to my first appointment with me! I wanted to see what his reactions were when I tried on different styles of dresses and we are not superstitious at all. I got a good idea of what he liked and went to the rest of my appointments without him. He has seen a pic of me in the dress but it looks totally different from how it looked in person. I think he will be surprised when he sees me in it
1.gif

gls

Shiny_Rock
I keep trying to show FI pictures of dresses that i like but he closes his eyes and turns away, guess he doesnt want to see it then....
3.gif

I like the secretive element and he definitely wouldnt see me in the dress till the day, but I hate keeping secrets from him so it will be hard!!
I have an opinion on what he likes, which is what I want, so I fell safe that he will love what i wear, not that it really matters.
Keep it a secret, I think that it will make the first time he sees you from the other end of the aisle that much more special (Well i think it will)
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
He refuses to see it. And everyday I want to show it to him, and talk about it to him, but at the same time I don''t. If that makes sense...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t show DH-I wanted him to see it first when I was walking down the aisle.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
No way! He has guessed a million times about whether it has certain features, but I won''t tell him a thing. Can''t wait to see his face during our first photo on the wedding day!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
He has not seen it and will not until we take our pics pre ceremony. For me, it''s not about superstition or anything like that, but I really want FI to be in utter shock when he sees me in the dress an hour prior to saying I do! Luckily, the shop is allowing me to keep the dress there until the wedding, so I know there will be no accidental looks at the dress.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
My FI has seen it on the hanger but not on me, we wanted to compare the color to a shirt he was thinking of wearing that day to make sure it matched.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
No way!

And after seeing my 'about-to-be-DH' mouth the word "Wow" as I was walking down the aisle, I will never wish I had shown him before hand.
30.gif

ETA: I asked my DH afterwards if it is what he imagined, and he said he could never have imagined something so beautiful.
12.gif
Trust me... if this is the dress you love, then you will want him to see you in it first, with you jewels on, and your make-up and hair done! It is the whole package!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 9:56:51 AM
Author: meresal
No way!

And after seeing my ''about-to-be-DH'' mouth the word ''Wow'' as I was walking down the aisle, I will never wish I had shown him before hand.
30.gif

ETA: I asked my DH afterwards if it is what he imagined, and he said he could never have imagined something so beautiful.
12.gif
Trust me... if this is the dress you love, then you will want him to see you in it first, with you jewels on, and your make-up and hair done! It is the whole package!
This is what I''m hoping for!
4.gif
I''m sure he thinks he knows what my dress will look like based on all the pics I''ve saved, but I don''t want him to see it until the day of.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t believe in the superstition, but I do think it is fun for it to be a surprise. If either of you feel that way too, IMHO neither of you should cave to showing it to the other.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
No--not superstitious here either, but some things have to be left to surprise! We were already living together and dating 3+ years, so wasn''t much left that was unknown! It was in our apt closet for months (and it was a small apt), but was never seen by DH until I came down the (very long) aisle.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m with Meresal in that "WOW" effect that I want him to have when I walked down the aisle. I love to surprise him and everyone around. So far noone has seen which dress I will wear. My FI''s cousin''s wife will see it on my first fitting which is in 4 weeks.

I will def post the picture but I need to find a crinoline (petticoat slip) for my dress to make it pouf just like when I tried it on in the store.
3.gif
I didn''t buy from them because I bet they sell to me more than the cost of my dress.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
DH absolutely REFUSED to see it before the wedding. He wouldn''t even look at a picture, or listen to details about it. He wanted to be totally surprised.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, I didn''t show it to him at all! I tried to keep it under wraps from most of the guests, too. I wanted it to be a total surprise and the more people who know, the more likely it is to get ruined! My husband wanted it to be a surprise too and he didn''t even try to peek at it when it was hanging in the closet of our guest room.

I''m glad I kept it from almost everyone, because the few people who knew what the dress looked like managed to almost ruin the surprise in front of my husband! My dress was pink and my stupid brother heard that from my SIL (who I showed a picture of the dress) and asked me about it being pink in front of my now-husband! I played it off but I was pretty irritated!

My photographer wanted to do photos before the ceremony, too, but I refused. The look on my husband''s face (as well as some tears on his end!) as I was walking down the aisle was worth taking pics during the cocktail hour!

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Yes, He has seen my dress. Hell, it''s hanging in the clost now, since I bought a sample! However, he has not seen me in the dress and wants to
wait till the day of, to be surprised. :) I think it would have been kind of a surprise anyway, since it''ll look different after the fitting, but he wants to be
completely surprised.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Sort of. Before I went dress shopping I printed out like 20 pictures of different dresses. The one I ended up getting he liked the least. I have learned he isn''t good at this stuff though. I bought a dress for his brother''s wedding (I posted it in another thread) and I showed it to him and he thought it was SO ugly- on me though I wowed him.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not at all. I was not even allowed to discuss it in his presence. I also had to run straight from my hair/makeup trial to the bathroom to undo all of it so he couldnt see that either.

He actually teared up when he watched me walk down the aisle. It was such a perfect moment.
39.gif
9.gif

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
FI doesn''t want to know anything and I want to keep the surprise element. It''s so hard though! I''m sure he has an idea of what my dress looks like in his head and he''s probably right! My mom threw him off by pretending to slip about all of the ruffles on my dress (there''s not one ruffle).

so funny though, when i watch wedding shows or look through magazines he''ll comment on an aspect of a dress he either likes or doesn''t and i basically jump down his throat "what do you mean you like that dress? why do you like that neckline? is that the only neckline you like? you mean you only like that shade of white?" i''m a nutcase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results