shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you know that VG polish & VG symmetry= "Ideal Cut"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
At least, according to a mall jeweler I visited yesterday. I know now why you guys call them "MAUL" stores!
6.gif

Yep, the manager of the store himself, who claims to have 20 years "in the business" told me that if GIA says "VG polish and VG symmetry, ,it''s the best they give and it means the cut is ideal.
9.gif

Hubby gave me the "day off" so I left the kids and went to have some fun shopping. I decided to stop in to a mall store-- not a chain but they have another location in the area. I asked to see 2cts+, D-G, VS/SI1, certified RBs.

Imagine my surprise when I was told that "Ideal Cut" = round cut. That the standard of 60/60 "give or take 4-5% either way" is "ideal", that the asking price for a 2ct, F SI2 GIA with a depth of 68% "ideal" diamond was $28K.

Interesting to see that every diamond they had was already mounted in YG. I saw a 2ct L/SI2 for $21K on the price tag. And the 1.5ct D/SI2 was so dark and dead- I mean zippo light return-- and I asked why so dark for a "D" color. The salesman told me it means the diamond has flourescence.

I played dumb to see how bad it could get... and wow, I feel sorry for people who patronize that store.
15.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
What a great "secret shopper" experience!! Wouldn''t it be funny if you really were a "secret shopper?" Wow!! That store would''ve flunked every test in the book!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Yikes! that is no good. It just keeps getting harder to decide about purchasing a stone.
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results