shape
carat
color
clarity

did you hear what Jesse Jackson wanted to do to Obama?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ummm, no what did he say?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2008 8:56:32 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Ummm, no what did he say?

"The Rev. Jesse Jackson apologized Wednesday for saying Barack Obama is 'talking down to black people' during what Jackson thought was a private conversation with a FOX News reporter Sunday.

Jackson was speaking at the time about Obama’s speeches in black churches and his support for faith-based charities. Jackson added to the reporter, 'I want to cut his nuts off.'

At a hastily arranged news conference Wednesday evening in Chicago, Jackson said he supports Obama 'unequivocally' and that he hopes to 'get this behind me.'

'I have great passion for this campaign and traveled across the country … arguing the case for the campaign,' Jackson said. 'And this thing I said in a hot-mic statement that’s interpreted as a distraction, I offer apology for that. I don’t want harm or hurt to come to this campaign.'”

Deborah
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many thanks Deb.
1.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Jesse Jackson thinks poorly of him, huh? To me that speaks favorably of Obama. (But I'm no Jesse Jackson fan). Ah, but I see now he apologized for it. Still, though...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
7/9/2008 9:34:19 PM

Author:
Fancy605

Jesse Jackson thinks poorly of him, huh? To me that speaks favorably of Obama.

I think Jesse Jackson can be a hothead. I never appreciated his remarks about New York City as, "Hymietown", either. I still generally side with him, however. On top of that, Obama (who was always second choice for me...I supported Edwards) is letting me down as I feared he might. He is not keeping his word on issues; he is not really a committed liberal.

This is from a blog to which I will post a link:

"Congress votes to immunize lawbreaking telecoms, legalize warrantless eavesdropping
(updated below - Update II)

The Democratic-led Congress this afternoon voted to put an end to the NSA spying scandal, as the Senate approved a bill -- approved last week by the House -- to immunize lawbreaking telecoms, terminate all pending lawsuits against them, and vest whole new warrantless eavesdropping powers in the President. The vote in favor of the new FISA bill was 69-28. Barack Obama joined every Senate Republican (and every House Republican other than one) by voting in favor of it, while his now-vanquished primary rival, Sen. Hillary Clinton, voted against it. John McCain wasn't present for any of the votes, but shared Obama's support for the bill. The bill will now be sent to an extremely happy George Bush, who already announced that he enthusiastically supports it, and he will sign it into law very shortly."

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/07/09/fisa_vote/index.html

Deborah
34.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I can''t believe that in this day and age we still have people putting down black people for "acting white" (idiotic Ralph Nader comment) - God-forbid that anyone should want to be highly educated or speak without an ebonics accent without that being thought of as "talking down to black people" (idiotic Jesse Jackson comment). I am a white person, but I have several black family members, and we are all excited about the Obama family hopefully getting to the White House. I spoke to my uncle and cousin about this, and they were expressing how relieved they are that finally well-educated and upper-middle class black people in America are being acknowledged in the media - it seems that politicians like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are always defending and enabling criminal behavior and irresponsibility towards the family unit, as if those were traits that lower-income black Americans should aspire to. Thank goodness that Barack Obama is out there representing the millions of black Americans that are productive and inspiring members of our society, instead of promoting the soft bigotry of low expections, like Jesse Jackson. Shame on him. Also, I have increasing respect for Sen. Obama, who is consistently too classy to respond to these lame and racist comments.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I ABHOR Jesse Jackson.
In fact, I think I need to stay out of this thread...haha

I once intended to write a 5 page paper on how I believe Jesse Jackson needs racism to exist in order to have a platform, and it ended up being over 10 pages (could have been more but I had to stop!) because I just kept finding more and more examples of what a hypocritical a$$ he is. It makes me so sad to see how many people are easily manipulated by him. To me, his REAL problem with Obama is that he isn''t Jackson!
20.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Many props to vespergirl, I could not have said it better.

Ditto AGBF on Obama''s shift to center.

and ditto luckystar, Jesse needs to craw into a hole and take Al Sharpton with him. They''re media whores and it sucks that they have represented Black Americans for so long.

I want my man Bill Cosby to come out and defend Obama. He said the same damn thing but much more detailed and even more on point (and I''m sure according to Jesse, more offensive
20.gif
)

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 1:05:18 PM
Author: MoonWater
Many props to vespergirl, I could not have said it better.

Ditto AGBF on Obama''s shift to center.

and ditto luckystar, Jesse needs to craw into a hole and take Al Sharpton with him. They''re media whores and it sucks that they have represented Black Americans for so long.

I want my man Bill Cosby to come out and defend Obama. He said the same damn thing but much more detailed and even more on point (and I''m sure according to Jesse, more offensive
20.gif
)
Mini threadjack - Bill Cosby lives next door to my in-laws in Conway, MA. His place (kind of farm-like) is really beautiful.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
27.gif

Looks like the green monster bit Jesse in the behind!
9.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2008 12:47:01 PM
Author: luckystar112
I ABHOR Jesse Jackson.

I once intended to write a 5 page paper on how I believe Jesse Jackson needs racism to exist in order to have a platform, and it ended up being over 10 pages (could have been more but I had to stop!) because I just kept finding more and more examples of what a hypocritical a$$ he is. It makes me so sad to see how many people are easily manipulated by him. To me, his REAL problem with Obama is that he isn''t Jackson!
20.gif
yep!!
36.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I ABHOR Jesse Jackson.

20.gif

I love it!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Vespergirl, WORD! to your entire post! Jesse Jackson needs to go the eff away already.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Whoa! A thread in ATW where EVERYONE is in agreement! And ditto ditto ditto luckystar!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I ABHOR Jesse Jackson.

20.gif

Ditto. Total agreement.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Word to the majority on this one. Jesse Jackson is more divisive than unifying. I can't even stand to listen to him. I think he insults the intelligence of most Americans that I know, regarless of their heritage or "color".

vespergirl said it best. She sums up my feelings on the subject.

Moonwater: I have been thinking the same thing. Where has Bill Cosby been? I thought he would have surfaced by now, but then again, he is usually apolitical in public. He's also a very smart man, and I think that he may wait because he doesn't want this to be about color, as so many people are intent upon doing. :::shrugs::::

I guess we will have to wait and watch to see how this plays out. But I do hope Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton realize that they are passe.
38.gif

ETA: And just as ridiculous was the "terrorist fist bump" comment that came out of the mouth of that Fox News anchor. What??? I was stunned. Don't these people ever co-mingle with people outside of their immediate work colleagues? Do any of them have teenage kids or know any young adults? Everyone fist bumps these days. It boggles my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results