shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you have an imaginary friend when you were young?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I was watching one of those spooky shows about real hauntings. There was this little boy whose family was surprised to find that, all of a sudden, had an imaginary friend who turned out to be an evil spirit. I was telling all the details to my FI about the show and told him I never had an imaginary friend and asked him if he did.

Much to my surpirse, he actually did! It was an indian (Native American) boy who only wore one feather in his headband and his name was...
get this...
Charcoal Broil. ROFL!! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!

Isn''t that hysterical?! I couldn''t even make up something that funny!!!

So, that make me curious....Did you have an imaginary friend? If so, could you describe them and what was their name? (I promise this is just for curiousity, not for me to get a laugh like I did at my FIs story)

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Was that the one wherein his imaginary friend was named "Man"? Because I saw that one and it freaked me right out!
32.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I did not, but my sister did. I don''t know what she looked like but I do know that when I was born I was going to be Amanda, which my dad was none to pleased with as he hated the nickname Mandy, and so I was named after my sister''s imaginary friend, Kim.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had two! They were little girls named Cindy and Mandy. I only had an older brother when I was growing up, and although I had lots of play dates and was friends with other little girls in my neighborhood I think I secretly wanted sisters. My mother has two sisters but they lived far away and I only got to talk to them on the phone, maybe the imaginary girls were my way of imitating my mom and having sisters. Or maybe I was just weird. LOL!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Ok this is creepy...

Before my mother had me, she was pregnant with another child that she lost very late into the pregnancy. My mother named her angel. Two years later, when I was born, my grandmother told my mom that God was giving her back her "Angel".

Fast forward to when I''m four years old....my mother told me I looked at her and in all seriousness told her that I was Angel and that I missed her so much I came back to her.

Very weird

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 7:45:24 PM
Author: Julianna
Was that the one wherein his imaginary friend was named ''Man''? Because I saw that one and it freaked me right out!
32.gif
Yes! That was it! Wasn''t that freaky? I watch spooky stuff and then can''t sleep..can''t seem to help myself.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 9:14:14 PM
Author: luckystar112
Ok this is creepy...

Before my mother had me, she was pregnant with another child that she lost very late into the pregnancy. My mother named her angel. Two years later, when I was born, my grandmother told my mom that God was giving her back her ''Angel''.

Fast forward to when I''m four years old....my mother told me I looked at her and in all seriousness told her that I was Angel and that I missed her so much I came back to her.

Very weird
Ok, I have read this 3 times and get chilly bumps every time! Do you have any young memories of a little girl...possibly Angel? Cool story!

Love the responses! Wonder why some children do and some don''t have imaginary friends? My FI is a very artistic and creative person...I wonder if that was his "creative" side coming out at a young age?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had an imaginary friend! Her name was Callie, and she had red hair and always wore a striped shirt (like a jailbird outfit). She was very naughty and always did bad stuff that got me and my twin sister into trouble! Hahaha...we always blamed her but I don''t remember if it worked or not.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t have imaginary imaginary friends. My imaginary friends were Batman and Robin from the TV series.

My mom always worked when I was growing up so I had several baby sitters over the years. My Batman and Robin imaginary friends creeped one out so much that she wouldn''t baby sit me anymore. She said I "told stories" and it turns out she was very superstitious. I think she really thought I was possessed or something.
20.gif
Or maybe it was my Dark Shadows imaginary friends that creeped her out -- I really don''t know -- can''t remember which phase I was in when I stayed with her.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had one. He was a little boy named Dody. I had two older sisters so I guess I just wanted a brother. If I remember right he stayed with me for quite a few years. I was a strange child, very shy and introverted and I always told everyone that my dream was to grow up to become a garbage can. Hmm, wonder what that signified, LOL.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I had an imaginary friend.

A miniature stegosaurus named "George." He was quite agile. He could even hang glide.

My best friend had one too, also named George.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
My sister had one. I''d get in trouble all the time for
Sitting on him (can''t I see he''s already sitting there?)
Shutting the door in his face (can''t I see he''s right behind me?)
Running him over with my bike
Throwing stuff at him
33.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to have FI read these postings to see that Charcoal Broil had so many friends!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results