shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you/Do you plan to see your groom before the ceremony?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Re: Did you/Do you plan to see your groom before the ceremon

Yes. I had my hair and makeup done, then returned home for lunch where DH (and our familes and bridal party) were waiting. Then we drove over to the venue together, got dressed, and went out for picture taking before the ceremony. So basically, I spent all wedding day with DH up the to the ceremony. He helped me pick out and buy my dress, so he had also seen it months before (though I'm sure he barely remembered it).

I really wanted to participate in the cocktail house since that was my chance to hang out with all of the friends who had some to our wedding (since it's hard to talk to people while you're dancing, and I didn't want to give up eating my dinner to awkwardly go from table to table trying to talk to people who just wanted to chew). I'm so glad we did it that way. Plus, I wanted to take pictures at a nearby town, so we used the time to drive down, take pics, and drive back up to the venue. If we had only taken pictures after the ceremony we couldn't have done that side trip.

eta: We didn't do first look pictures either. I guess neither of us saw the point? We aren't very sentimental or traditional like that .... haha

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock

We also eloped and got ready together. Like someone else earlier said ( I think Pancake? , but please forgive If ive misquoted) the DH and I are a "team" type couple that do EVERYTHING together (even stupid stuff) so it would have been wierd to do it any other way on our wedding day. Also, Dh really grounds me and keeps me calm, as I can be, ahem, a bit nervous at times. I cant even imagine what I would have been like on our wedding day if we had been apart the whole night before plus all the way til the ceremony. My bridal party would have had to sedate me, haha. That is if I had one. :bigsmile:

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock

I'll be honest, I get more teary-eyed looking at "First Look" photos than I do of the bride walking down the aisle and the groom seeing her for the first time. I'm also not one for superstition so that theory doesn't effect me. My FI and I will be doing a "First Look" prior to the ceremony - we really want that moment to be private and special as opposed to being in front of so many people.

purselover

Ideal_Rock

We spent the night before together and even got ready together the morning of! I wouldn't change a thing it was really nice to have a serene morning getting ready together, he went and got me orange juice and then we chatted while my hair/makeup was getting done. He even steamed my dress and wrap for me - and then we stopped for Starbucks on the way to the chapel! Even my hair and makeup person commented that it was the most relaxing environment she's ever been in before a wedding.

ETA: You know I'm not sure how we came to the decision to get ready together, we had decided it'd be nice to stay over at the hotel the night before the wedding as well and honestly I would've been far too nervous going over to the ceremony alone I think.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results