shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I pick a good emerald?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

therealj

Rough_Rock
First I want to thank the members of this site, I''ve been reading these forums for 2 years and would have been lost otherwise :)

Ok...I went through bluenile.ca, mainly because they take a lot of the guess work out of ordering for Canadians and their prices are great compared to local B&M(not that far off from most other online sites either), I was after a basic platinum solitaire and they offer a nice simple one for $400....on to the diamond

Emerald
Carat - 0.61
Cut - Very good (as per their site)
Color - F
Clarity - VS2
Depth - 63.5%
Table - 62%
Symmetry - Very Good
Polish - Very Good
Girdle - Very Thin - Thick
Cutlet - None
Fluoresence - None
Measurements -6.10x4.05x2.57 mm
Ratio - 1.51 (happy about that)
$1567 USD

I don''t have Crown Height % , nor have I seen any other info on the stone, but I have 30 days to decide once I get it. My budget was about $3000 canadian, and it came to $2800 with a platinum setting, needless to say, it''s been a fun day :)

Thanks for any replies

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very Thin <--- get it appraised by a good appraiser.
other than that without pics cant tell ya a thing.

therealj

Rough_Rock
"Very thin to Thick" is grade 2B on the AGA DIY Cut Grading, I thought that would be fine. Was I wrong?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2006 8:38:01 PM
Author: therealj
''Very thin to Thick'' is grade 2B on the AGA DIY Cut Grading, I thought that would be fine. Was I wrong?
v-thin over a large area or in the wrong location is a durability issue.
In other cases its no problem.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
your stone sounds terrific--you were not wrong-yes a thinner girdle can chip more easily than a thicker but a hard knowck can chip a diamond and where.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results