shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I make a mistake? *gulp* re: vintage jewelry repair

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
I took my vintage aqua ring posted below to an antique jeweler be sized up a size. The bottom of the band looked really thin to me, and the jeweler said that he would use another vintage white gold band as it''''s replacement. He cut the band and attached this one to the bottom. It looked very good upon first inspection, and the lines of the ring have been maintained, but I do notice, when looking closely, two little "crush" or "fuse" marks where the band was put together.

Should I really expect to see no lines here? Did I screw up my ring?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Normally, you should not see where a ring was sized, etc. I would bring it back to the jeweler and see what his explanation is. I have a line where sizing has been done on platinum rings when the benchperson used white gold soder instead of platinum.
20.gif

Sorry I couldn''t be of much more help. Maybe post in RockyTalky, where there is a larger volume of people checking threads??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results