shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I Get a Good Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rugger

Rough_Rock
So after having read the posts on this site for about two months, doing various other types of web research and talking to all my guy friends that are engaged or married I finally decided on a stone.

My girlfriend loves the cushion cut so that''s the route I took. I was dealing with a budget but I''m happy with my choice - the specs are as follows:

Cut: Cuhion Brilliant
Carats: 1.25
Depth: 57.4%
Table: 60%
Girdle: Medium to Very Thick
Cutlet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity: VS2
Flou: None

It''s GIA certified, and the dealer from whom I bought it from couldn''t have been nicer, more helpful or patient. I was very comfortable with him, and I''m sure she''ll love it.

The setting is Platinum Tapered Cathedral.

Just looking to bounce it off you guys and see what your thoughts are.

I know a lot of people say it on here often, but in all honesty, thanks to all who have posted and given of their time to share their thoughts - it''s been helpful to say the least!
1.gif

rugger

Rough_Rock
OH - by the way, should''ve told you it''s an H color.

I was back and forth a million times looking at everything from F to I, but the stone is gorgeous and I think I got the most "bang for my buck" if you''ll excuse the cliche!

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
rugger....''kick down'' (give up) the pic! heck, now i sound like everyone else here! lol.....congrats rugger. i''ll have to agree with you, these folks here are sooo helpful and they actually seem to care about each other. i like that.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
oh, i forgot to reply about the ''h'' color. when i first started lookin'' at stones, i thought an ''h'' would been yellow. so far, from the few stones i''ve seen (princess and only a coupla square emeralds), the h by gia seems almost white to me...not yellow like i thought....i think that the ''h'' actually gives a warmth to the stone. if that makes sense...................again, congrats.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, we must see pics. I don''t know anything about cushions. I''m an RB girl myself. However, I think a well-cut cushion is just gorgeous. Congrats on your purchase, and please feed our addiction in the SMTR with pics.
9.gif

shay

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2006 10:34:59 PM
Author: rugger
the most ''bang for my buck'' if you''ll excuse the cliche!

Very appropriate, Rugger! Heehee! I don''t know anything about cushions, but if you''ve got pics or idealscope pics, please share!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results