shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamound removed for rhodium plating?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brocksgirl24

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Does the diamond in my setting have to be removed in order to have the band rhodium plated?
I''m picking up my w-band this weekend, and the jeweller has agreed to rhodium plate my e-ring for free, since it bothers me that its a tad yellow. I dont believe it was ever rhodium plated when I bought it. This is not the same jeweller that sold me my e-ring, so I dont know how to feel about them doing this IF the diamond has be removed and re-set. Should I insist on being there when its done to make sure there is no swicheroo? I''ve heard of this happening. Thanks!

Diana

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your diamond DOES NOT need to be removed for rhodium plating.

Brocksgirl24

Rough_Rock
Phew! Good to hear, that makes me happy. Thanks for replying!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As mentioned, the diamond does not need to be removed. They may not be willing to let you watch them do the job but this isn''t really a sign of a problem. The chemicals used in the rhodium plating process are quite poisonous and there may be a problem with their insurance company to have you in the area while they do this. It needs to be done under a pretty good ventalation system, which is usually in the back room.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results