shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond's specs are better than what it was sold for???

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the strangest thing happened to me. I bought a diamond through E-bay, with the intention to set it in a yellow gold pendant. The diamond was listed as a 0.53ct, SI1, very good cut, fancy light brown color stone. After i received it i looped it at home and i couldn't see the slightest inclusion, which was a big surprise to me because usually i can notice EVERYTHING...
So i decided to take it to an appraiser to have it checked. It came back as a 0.55ct, VVS2, L color, very good cut :confused: :confused: :confused:
Now don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining!! :naughty: I'm just wondering how could such a thing happen :rolleyes:
And one last thing...I don't know why, but after hearing the news i changed my mind and i'm having the stone set in a yellow gold halo setting which will be custom made ;)) I'll post pics when i get it!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm posting a pic of the diamond even though it's not a good one. The stone is so extremely clear and sparkly...a true fireball...i love it...

HPIM2026.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations :appl: It's always good when this happens!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe Bright Ice!!! I know ;))

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Ahh that's great, I'm delighted for you! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great, naty! Can't wait to see it finished!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happens to me all the time :)) It can swing either way. Ebay "appraisals" are pretty random!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1339805367|3217337 said:
Happens to me all the time :)) It can swing either way. Ebay "appraisals" are pretty random!

Well it definitely is a great surprise when it swings the way it did this time for me Dreamer ;)) I was under the impression that whenever you buy something on E-Bay, the best thing that can happen is that the stone turns out to have the specs with which it was listed...coz very often these specs are much lower in reality...Well, as i said...i'm not complaining!!!
My jeweler said that he'll need at least a month working on the custom setting. When it's finished i'll post on SMTB. I can't wait ,coz i always loved the YG rings that other ladies had around here! So it's my time to own a yummy YG piece :appl: Plus, i had a very old half eternity band which was made of 18kt white gold and had fancy light brown diamonds and i'm also having those ones reset as we speak in a new YG half eternity setting, so that i end up with a new complete wedding set in yellow gold to alternate with my current one, which is in WG :)) I hope everything turns out very well, as i imagine and discussed with the jeweler. I really love my current WG set and i'd never want to change it, but the eternity band doesn't sit flush with the ER and sometimes this bothers me. The new rings are supposed to sit totally flush together. Also, the WG ring is very plain without any pave or accent stones and i really like it like this, but sometimes i'd wish to have another kind of setting (don't we all? :naughty: ). So the new ring will have milgrain and pave on the halo and the shank and all the other little details that i always liked so much...Let's see what happens :))
Right now the jeweler is making the setting in silver ( :o ) as a sample and he'll use synthetic stones on it, so that i can get a good idea of what will the final product be, plus, we agreed that i might make alterations at this point of the procedure. So i'm expecting this to be done in approximately ten days and i'll take it from there. If i have any questions or worries i'll post pics here for you guys to see.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Naty, that's great! It's such a pretty stone!

And your new ring sounds like it's going to be beautiful, I can't wait to see it! It's so cool that you're going with yg - there have been a few yg rings here on PS recently and I think they're gorgeous! I think it will be so nice to have an alternate set in yg, and in a different style from your white gold set. Variety is the spice of life! :naughty:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic appraisal news :appl: You are right, that is such a wonderful bonus when that happens - because it seems more often than not, it is less than what is promised. (Unless you are as lucky as Dreamer - she's VERY lucky on eBay! :)) )

Sounds fantastic that it will be able to pair with your 1/2 eternity reset - that's great news!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on a better than expected item! That's always a wonderful bonus.

Honestly, when I sell on ebay, I tend to err on the side of caution, and list stats very conservatively, as I would rather have customers be happily surprised with an item. I'm not surprised it happened to you, and it's happened to me with nearly all of my major purchases on ebay.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results