shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds OFF during manicures???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2008 11:55:22 AM
Author: Bliss

Date: 8/26/2008 11:52:12 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 8/26/2008 11:48:09 AM
Sharon -- that is so funny! Why in the world would she think that? It''s a good idea so you don''t get polish on it, nail dust all over it & have it knocked about in general. The lotion thing I guess you wouldn''t be able to prevent.

That is such a priceless moment, though! ''Are you trying to hide your ring?'' LOL. There should be pretty little dishes for e-rings and other rings beside the manicurist station.
Bliss, this is SO true! If I was a manicurist, I would definitely have a pretty little dish for clients'' rings and I would make a habit of checking it before they leave so they don''t forget their sparklies!
21.gif
Yes, Irishgrrl! And the little dish would be under a halogen spotlight. And the dish would rotate like those QVC commercials so while you''re getting your nails done, you can watch your ring sparkle.

Or... LOL... have a ceramic ''hand model'' you can put your ring on. And the finger would be like a size 3 so you can ogle your ring on a teeny tiny finger while you''re getting your nails done. LOLOLOL. I hope FI doesn''t see this because he will know that I have gone off my rocker!
35.gif

Oh! Or while you''re getting your nails done, your ring is in an ultrasonic bath whizzing away so when you''re done, you get a sparkly ring to put on!
LOL, Bliss!!! DAMN those evil QVC commercials!!!
11.gif
2.gif

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 12:01:21 PM
Author: jcrow

Date: 8/26/2008 11:55:22 AM

Date: 8/26/2008 11:52:12 AM

Date: 8/26/2008 11:48:09 AM

Sharon -- that is so funny! Why in the world would she think that? It''s a good idea so you don''t get polish on it, nail dust all over it & have it knocked about in general. The lotion thing I guess you wouldn''t be able to prevent.

That is such a priceless moment, though! ''Are you trying to hide your ring?'' LOL. There should be pretty little dishes for e-rings and other rings beside the manicurist station.
Bliss, this is SO true! If I was a manicurist, I would definitely have a pretty little dish for clients'' rings and I would make a habit of checking it before they leave so they don''t forget their sparklies!
21.gif

Yes, Irishgrrl! And the little dish would be under a halogen spotlight. And the dish would rotate like those QVC commercials so while you''re getting your nails done, you can watch your ring sparkle.

Or... LOL... have a ceramic ''hand model'' you can put your ring on. And the finger would be like a size 3 so you can ogle your ring on a teeny tiny finger while you''re getting your nails done. LOLOLOL. I hope FI doesn''t see this because he will know that I have gone off my rocker!
35.gif

Oh! Or while you''re getting your nails done, your ring is in an ultrasonic bath whizzing away so when you''re done, you get a sparkly ring to put on!

ultrasonic bath! BRILLIANT.
9.gif
You know, I just assumed that all manicure places provide a little ring bath b/c my mom happened to mention long ago that this is what her manicurist does for her. So imagine my surprise when I go to get my first manicure post-engagement and...no ring bath! I was not happy. So I left it sitting next to me because my paranoid brain was picturing the dollop-of-lotion scenario. The horror!
6.gif

Thank god there are people in this world besides myself who think about these things.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 1:16:40 PM

Date: 8/26/2008 11:59:51 AM
Author: meresal
I usually put both of my rings (ER nad RHR) in the inner pocket of my purse. I may start taking a little ring purse from Yurman with me now.
32.gif
Meresal~

What is this little ring purse you speak of?!?! We need a LINK, please!!!
27.gif
9.gif
Ok, I have been searching dilligently for the last 30 minutes, to no avail. It must be a huge secret, because they don''t have pictures of their boxes online either. (fyi, I don''t get ebay at work, so it could most likely be on there.) Anywho, I''m goign to eplain it to you.

Imagine a black pouch that has a square base and ties with a the DY cable like rope at the top, which pulls all the sides in together. We''ll inside the pouch at the bottom is a foam square that has a slit in the middle, just like the inside of a ring box, to hold the ring in place. It''s perfect, and the ribboning at the top is long enough to make a loose knot.

They also offer another type bag (white) which I don''t like as much, but they gave to me once... This one is flat and doesn''t stand up. Also, the strings are not as nice as the black pouch.

I''ll take a pic of my black one tonight and post it on here for you.

yurmanpouch1.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 11:14:38 AM
Author: diamondfan
I try to remember to leave my rings home but it is hard. If not, I never take them off in the salon.

I would rather get lotion blob on it than remove it.
I am like DF - I never take mine off either while getting a mani (and I wear three - wedding band, engagement ring and matching wedding band). I''m also in NYC so, I a lot more leery about things esp. when I''ve seen friends realize their handbags were swiped when they were sitting right next to them!
6.gif
I also have an ultra-sonic so, I clean them once a week.
2.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2008 2:21:47 PM

Date: 8/26/2008 1:16:40 PM

Date: 8/26/2008 11:59:51 AM
I usually put both of my rings (ER nad RHR) in the inner pocket of my purse. I may start taking a little ring purse from Yurman with me now.
32.gif
Meresal~

What is this little ring purse you speak of?!?! We need a LINK, please!!!
27.gif
9.gif
Ok, I have been searching dilligently for the last 30 minutes, to no avail. It must be a huge secret, because they don''t have pictures of their boxes online either. (fyi, I don''t get ebay at work, so it could most likely be on there.) Anywho, I''m goign to eplain it to you.

Imagine a black pouch that has a square base and ties with a the DY cable like rope at the top, which pulls all the sides in together. We''ll inside the pouch at the bottom is a foam square that has a slit in the middle, just like the inside of a ring box, to hold the ring in place. It''s perfect, and the ribboning at the top is long enough to make a loose knot.

They also offer another type bag (white) which I don''t like as much, but they gave to me once... This one is flat and doesn''t stand up. Also, the strings are not as nice as the black pouch.

I''ll take a pic of my black one tonight and post it on here for you.
Meresal, thank you!!! The white one is adorable, but the black one sounds AWESOME!!! Can''t wait to see the pic!
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
BB, I just am spazzy and might walk off without them. My girl would certainly keep them for me and call me ASAP but still...

We had robberies in my neighborhood recently and I took all of my stuff to the bank vault. Just was not worth the risk with my being away for a month. It has been so odd not to have them on!

We also had people in movie theaters grabbing purses that were left under the seat. They would take the wallet, get the cash and stuff, and put it back. At the end of the movie you grab your purse none the wiser til you check your wallet. By then, it could be an issue with the cards. Thieves are getting so bold now, you could get up from your mani to go to the restroom and someone could amble by and swipe the rings off the counter. I see so many manicurists with bluetooth on and they chit chat, I am not sure they would even notice!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I leave my rings at home.

Linda

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the rare occassion I get my nails done, I have them done at the place less than 10 steps from my front door. I leave my rings at home.

If I do forget and bring them I take the ring off and sit it on my cup sacuer. The woman will either put it back on me after she''s done or she walks me home, unlocks my door for me (I have a bit of a record of ruining my nails), and sits it on the table inside the door for me. There are benefits to living so close!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 4:17:44 PM
Author: diamondfan
BB, I just am spazzy and might walk off without them. My girl would certainly keep them for me and call me ASAP but still...

We had robberies in my neighborhood recently and I took all of my stuff to the bank vault. Just was not worth the risk with my being away for a month. It has been so odd not to have them on!

We also had people in movie theaters grabbing purses that were left under the seat. They would take the wallet, get the cash and stuff, and put it back. At the end of the movie you grab your purse none the wiser til you check your wallet. By then, it could be an issue with the cards. Thieves are getting so bold now, you could get up from your mani to go to the restroom and someone could amble by and swipe the rings off the counter. I see so many manicurists with bluetooth on and they chit chat, I am not sure they would even notice!
That''s pretty much what happened to one of my girlfriends. We were at a bar and her work bag was in a pile with everyone''s coats, etc. Well, someone must have watched her pull her wallet from her bag because when we were in a cab on our way home, she opened her wallet and her credit cards and cash were gone. Obviously the theif took from her wallet what he/she wanted and just put the empty wallet back in her bag.

I agree - thieves are getting much craftier. My sister also had her clutch swiped at Balthazar''s down in Soho. She placed it under her seat (definitely not the wisest thing to do), but she didn''t leave her seat the entire time and at the end of her meal, it was gone!
33.gif

You are a smart cookie to place your valuables in the bank vault while you were out of town. It''s better to be safe than sorry!

Needless to say, I trust nobody and never leave any personal items unattended...ever...you just never know what could happen....

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 11:05:22 AM
Author:Bliss
Hey ladies!

Do you take your rings off while you get manicures?

Where do you put it? Keeping it on would get lotion (from the hand massage) and nail file dust all embedded in it, right?

But then putting it on the table feels weird with all the people walking by...

Ring on or off during manicures?
35.gif
People walking by...must be a different set up than what I am used to, just the nail tech and me! I leave mine at home, if I want to put the rings on afterward, I keep them in a little box in my purse, and after all the filing is down, the massage oil applied, nails dry, then they go back on all clean and sparkly. There is so much dust (from filing, I can''t imagine being able to walk out of there with even a semi-clean diamond, if I were to keep them on! Besides, wearing them would be far too distracting for the nail tech!
31.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
yes, i would definitely leave mine at home, but if I forgot, I would try to put it in a safe place out of sight!

Or...maybe you can attach it to the chain of your necklace if you have one.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Huh. I always wear mine and scrub it out when I get home. But the gal that does my nails occasionally is always careful not to goop it.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Absolument!!! I never leave it on cuz it''s gross for the massage part... I put them in my pocket or leave them at home.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Irishgirl- Ok, here's the ring pouch I use. You can see the square bottom shape, where the holder is inside the pouch. I love it, and because you can actually knot it at the top, it's great for tucking in your purse with no worries.

ETA: It's about 2 inches tall

ring2008 012.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I go to a very small salon/spa and my nail tech has a container of Gemcare at her station. I put my rings in for a nice cleaning and put them back on before the polish goes on.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2008 11:13:47 PM
Irishgirl- Ok, here''s the ring pouch I use. You can see the square bottom shape, where the holder is inside the pouch. I love it, and because you can actually knot it at the top, it''s great for tucking in your purse with no worries.

ETA: It''s about 2 inches tall
EEEEEK!!! Meresal, it''s adorable!!!
36.gif

It looks like it would be very secure. Do you get one whenever you buy a Yurman piece?
27.gif

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
I leave my rings at home when I get a manicure.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 8:42:12 AM

Irishgirl- Ok, here's the ring pouch I use. You can see the square bottom shape, where the holder is inside the pouch. I love it, and because you can actually knot it at the top, it's great for tucking in your purse with no worries.

ETA: It's about 2 inches tall
EEEEEK!!! Meresal, it's adorable!!!
36.gif

It looks like it would be very secure. Do you get one whenever you buy a Yurman piece?
27.gif
Well, the two different times that FI bought my ring, they gave him the ring in this pouch, and then it is put in the black signature box. I would assume it comes with any ring purchase. Are you interested?!?
2.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/29/2008 3:54:38 PM

Date: 8/29/2008 8:42:12 AM

Irishgirl- Ok, here''s the ring pouch I use. You can see the square bottom shape, where the holder is inside the pouch. I love it, and because you can actually knot it at the top, it''s great for tucking in your purse with no worries.

ETA: It''s about 2 inches tall
EEEEEK!!! Meresal, it''s adorable!!!
36.gif

27.gif
Well, the two different times that FI bought my ring, they gave him the ring in this pouch, and then it is put in the black signature box. I would assume it comes with any ring purchase. Are you interested?!?
2.gif
Hee hee! Do you even have to ask?!?! LOL!
2.gif
11.gif
9.gif

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
A good manicurist will offer you a ring dish/box with a cover.
Otherwise, a ring box/pouch in your purse is a great idea!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results