shape
carat
color
clarity

DIAMONDFAN HITS 10 K POSTS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YA DID IT!!!

YAY!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Just checking in again. Sorry about the mother in law honey. She really is the pits.

Things are okay with me. Honestly I think I''m losing it a bit, I''ve been having these bad mood swings I get trapped in. Monday it was heart racing panic, yesterday i was okay, today depresssed. Things are generally good though, maybe. I think I''m just not seeing that. I have been wanting to stab someone for WEEKS over this wedding planning and my mother keeps nominating herself. Monday it was figs, yesterday it was the get well flowers she sent to FMIL, today I''m just glad I haven''t talked to her yet. And I won''t pick up the phone if she does call.

I''m so glad you liked the makeup! I''m very happy with it. It''s nice to hear that it translates well to others though!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Layla, thanks! I love reading about you on your other thread, you have talent!

It is all going to be fine! Just take deep breaths and know it will all be wonderful!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Single White Female!! Yep, that was it. I knew you would know it. You know the title of all the movies.

I am really glad I don't have a MIL. When I read what you go through, it amazes me. And least you make it comical. It's great entertainment for us.

So, are you getting all exited about the Bar Mitzvah? It's coming up pretty soon.....
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am!

Invites get mailed out Tuesday...

I have lined up all of the entertainment with my party planner, and think I have some neat stuff both for the adults and kids. Finalizing details like gift bags for the hotel rooms and stuff for the kids to take home...

Got all the china and stuff chosen, and the menu. Just waiting on picking the hors with the caterer when I get back.

My gown came in to Saks and my suit too so I will go try them on next week, though I have been eating more ice cream than is healthy and not exercising that much so I hope it fits!!!!

The kids clothes should be ready in mid September so I am excited about that.

Now I just have to my son get back in the groove with his tutoring and make sure he knos all of his part.

But I am anxious AND excited for sure.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yayayaya, it sounds like everything is right on schedule. I hope we can coax a few pics out of you, at least some of the amazing details that you have put together. It sounds like it will be so beautiful.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I can do it as long as my kids and hubby are not in them, he feels a bit funny about that so I respect it.

I am doing white patent leather parsons tables and all aqua and apple green accents, plus a little gold and a bit of chocolate brown. this is in the main dining room. I might also have a sitting area for the adults outside of the main room with white furniture and lots of candles and flowers. I wanted to be very different than last time, so I went in a different direction, but I still wanted to have impact. All white has been done and done, and so I brought in some other elements. The bar in the room for the adults is opaque lucite that will go from white to green to blue and back, it looks so cool. I have no linens on the tables, so it will look clean and fresh.

the kids area is going to be funky too, but more in a kid like way. Fiber optic draping, a great dj and emcee, a great buffet, and a lounge like feel. My son has some ideas too that are great.

As for the mother in law I am freaking right now as hubby has invited her to our Xmas trip to Little Dix. I am like, NOOOOOO you cannot be serious it is wrong from so many angles I cannot even deal. OH MY GOSH I am already dreading it.

She is really a disgusting person. I am pretty tolerant in life generally, but this just blows me away because it kills me to even look at her or be in the same room with her and her shenanigans. She is like a child and hubby flips out at her too she is so annoying. But then he feels guilty whereas I do not...

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats diamondfan!! You''re such a positive person and a great support, you deserve a nice gift!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anchor, thanks! And congrats on your recent wedding!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo, Caroline, you have to spend Christmas with her now????? What was your hubby thinking. If I had to spend Christmas with my MIL, I don''t know what I would do.

Your son''s celebration sounds like it will be gorgeous!!! Can you tell us what color your gown will be???
You are going to look absolutely beautiful.

Love, Linda

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was out of town so I missed this! Congratulations! Your posts are always intelligent and thoughtful and I always enjoy reading them!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thing, thank you! Sometimes, though, I re read them and they are filled with typos. Never type tired, that is my motto now!

Linda, TWO WEEKS. Little Dix Bay, then home to PA and to our mountain house. We have to have her ship her winter stuff to my home as we are flying down on a private plane and with my kids, hubby, me, nanny and her, it is just about enough space. We usually pack light, it is only a week, casual clothes only really, and we are in a home on the resort with full laundry. She FREAKED when hubby told her she CANNOT bring 3 or 4 HUGE bags, which is what she brought here for a week. Mind you, she still managed to forget enough stuff that each day we had to go off island to the large grocery store to find only certain brands of stuff for her. For one week...like, get a grip. This is going to be an unmitigated disaster. She is not a beach goer, hates the sun, we will be up on a hill with a golf cart to get around the resort but there is NOT anywhere for her to go and explore and get our of our hair...I am already freaking out.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, what an UN-merry Christmas trip this is going to be Caroline. I don''t envy your trip one bit. I can just hear her complaining now.
14.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW Linda, my dress is brown BUT it is a striated taffeta that looks like like a creamy brown from farther away and you see the striae close up. The sash is chocolate brown and black and it is strapless. It is gathered up on the side. It is Carolina Herrera. I hope it fits, eating a lot of custard and drinking a lot of wine!!!

My suit for the service, assuming I like it, is a lovely classic black Chanel suit. I am not sure of the underpining or shoes at this point. For the gown, I am also still looking for shoes.

Friday night we have dinner at a restaurant, services, and then dessert at our home. I am not sure yet what I will wear to that.

Sunday brunch at our club I am doing jeans, Chanel ballet flats, a top that I am not sure of yet, a gorgeous Chanel sweater coat and the new bag with the chains. Getting it all together!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
You'd think with the canker sores it would be hard for her to talk.
2.gif

Too bad they will be cleared by the holidays. DFan, maybe you can be hard of hearing by then. Or.....you could pretend you have a serious ear infection and use custom molded ear plugs so you can be like my daughter's salon manager's coffee mug" La La La, I can't hear you"

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

36.gif
Congratulations, DiamondFan!!!!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 8:15:25 PM
Author: diamondfan
BTW Linda, my dress is brown BUT it is a striated taffeta that looks like like a creamy brown from farther away and you see the striae close up. The sash is chocolate brown and black and it is strapless. It is gathered up on the side. It is Carolina Herrera. I hope it fits, eating a lot of custard and drinking a lot of wine!!!

My suit for the service, assuming I like it, is a lovely classic black Chanel suit. I am not sure of the underpining or shoes at this point. For the gown, I am also still looking for shoes.

Friday night we have dinner at a restaurant, services, and then dessert at our home. I am not sure yet what I will wear to that.

Sunday brunch at our club I am doing jeans, Chanel ballet flats, a top that I am not sure of yet, a gorgeous Chanel sweater coat and the new bag with the chains. Getting it all together!

Caroline, you will look gorgeous!!! You are one classy lady, I so wish we could see pictures of you. I do understand why you can''t though. One day when we meet, you can show me your gorgeous clothes ok??
36.gif

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course I will! I have some nice things that I love, and hope to always have.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/29/2008 11:54:14 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 8/29/2008 8:15:25 PM
Author: diamondfan

Caroline, you will look gorgeous!!! You are one classy lady, I so wish we could see pictures of you. I do understand why you can't though. One day when we meet, you can show me your gorgeous clothes ok??
36.gif

Linda
I will be playing among her handbags!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Linda she IS gorgeous, a classic beauty!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miracles, I am already worried about it. There is no where to go there, it is not like there is a town close by or anything. She makes so much trouble when she is not occupied. Hopefully she won''t come.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondseeker, THANKS! It is really very fun and exciting to finally get there!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY DiamondFan, you got a wonderful gift from Pricescope - you DESERVE it so much!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,
Thank you very much for your advice during my whole in-law saga.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, I am excited!!! Thanks to Andrey and Ali, and I might need some help with my gift selection!!!

Harriet, any time
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tee Hee, yea like earrings for her mother in law. ha ha ha ha ha. I love to tease you Caroline.

Love, LInda

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yea, DFan!!! So happy for you- You know you''re one of my faves around here, woman!!! Maybe one day we can actually meet IRL!! We need to have a NE PS GTG, dont you think??!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Do you know what you''re going to get (sorry I didnt get a chance to read through the whole thread, maybe you mentioned it already)? Congrats again!!!!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani, thanks! I would love an NE get together. I have been pushing for a while, I could get to NY easily.

I am hoping to have some time when we get back home from the beach on Tuesday to sit down and check stuff out!

Linda, NAUGHTY. I might consider a nose ring for her though...

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I think I completely missed this somehow..not sure..anyway..a very late CONGRATS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome Caroline, I just saw the sweet/generous announcement! hehe I can''t wait to see what you get, it will be classy just like you honey!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, diamondfan! You are always very sweet, thoughtful, and generous with your help and compliments.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
CONGRATULATIONS
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results