shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond studs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KLKL

Rough_Rock

Looking for a pair of diamond studs .75-.90 ctw. I ''m looking for brilliiant earrings, the quality that one typical finds in Tiffany''s but without the pirce. I would definitely favor quality over size. I have been looking at GIA or AGSL certified pairs on Blue Nile. I''m hung up on a couple of issues in terms of wheter it is worth the price difference for earrings. Each area can (or subtract) results in

Color: F, G or even H. Is there much difference in earrings and is it worth the difference?

Clarity is it worth the difference to go with VS1-2 over SI1

Cut: I want Ideal cut, but in earrings is it worth going for the more expensive Blue Nile SIgnature Ideal cut over GIA or AGSL ideal cut stones? All Blue Nile sigangture stones are GIA or AGSL ideal, but supposedly an even finer cut.

Setting: Platinuum vs. 18k white gold. About $150 difference in price. Is it worth difference and how much of an issue is having to have the 18k gold post replated with rhodium?

Thank you

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2007 4:06:35 PM
Author:KLKL

Looking for a pair of diamond studs .75-.90 ctw. I ''m looking for brilliiant earrings, the quality that one typical finds in Tiffany''s but without the pirce. I would definitely favor quality over size. I have been looking at GIA or AGSL certified pairs on Blue Nile. I''m hung up on a couple of issues in terms of wheter it is worth the price difference for earrings. Each area can (or subtract) results in

Color: F, G or even H. Is there much difference in earrings and is it worth the difference?
On the ears, no one is going to scrutinize the colour unless they are within kissing distance, then I''d be worried about them being too close.
9.gif
H is perfectly fine. If you are very nervous, go with G.

Clarity is it worth the difference to go with VS1-2 over SI1
Same deal with clarity. Eye clean SI1 is plenty good. VS1 and VS2 is overkill for earrings and especially in that size.

Cut: I want Ideal cut, but in earrings is it worth going for the more expensive Blue Nile SIgnature Ideal cut over GIA or AGSL ideal cut stones? All Blue Nile sigangture stones are GIA or AGSL ideal, but supposedly an even finer cut.
Whoever you buy them from, I''d go with an AGS0 ideal cut to be on the safe side if you don''t want to go crazy crunching numbers for ideal cuts. Any vendor can call their stone ideal cut based on who knows what criteria but AGS has measured theirs for light performance.

Setting: Platinuum vs. 18k white gold. About $150 difference in price. Is it worth difference and how much of an issue is having to have the 18k gold post replated with rhodium?
For those with sensitivity to nickel or other alloys in yellow gold, it is worth the extra $150 for a platinum setting. Rhodium plating is fairly cheap (no more than $50) and done very easily & quickly. How fast it wears depends upon the wearer''s body chemistry. It might go years before needed re-plating or weeks.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results