shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

truong81

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I have a quick question. My mom would like to get me a pair of diamond stud earrings as a wedding gift. I am currently interested in a 1.5tcw. The jeweler in the mall has one that is 1.5tcs G SI1 for $3999. I no very little about diamond studs. So I have no clue if this is a good price or not. I did a little research on Whiteflash and Bluenile to get an idea of how much it would cost for a pair with those specs and they all seem to be around that price range. Can I do better? Also, for diamond studs do the diamonds need to be certified?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I just purchased a pair of diamond studs from Whiteflash and since then have been obsessed with comparing them to other local jewelry & chain store prices. I found that superficially the diamond studs are around the same price. Mine are .80 tcw and I paid $1900 for mine (they''re F SIs) and I can find similarily priced and cheaper ones for that amount, BUT, they all are lower color/clarity and/or are uncertified & poorly cut. I do think that for 1.5 total weight, I would shell out a bit more for certified stones so you know what you''re getting. About four years ago I bought uncertified .50 tcw and they were suppose to be F VS2, but of course, I found inclusions when looking through a loop and could even seen one with my naked eye if I held the stone close to my face (like four - six inches away), so even though I paid a great price, I could have spent about $200 more and got exactly what I was suppose to be getting.

I think it''s pretty much a guarantee that if you''re buying an uncertified stone, you''re getting something lesser than what is promised! Your best bet is either buying from a vendor who has exact number info OR getting an idealscope, so if you buy from a B&M, you can test the amount of light leakage escaping from the stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results