shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Studs, and what other diamond/jewelry daily??

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Love this thread. I have been thinking about this topic obsessively for, oh, a year at least! Sad. I used to think about current affairs. :)

For me, the top priority everyday pieces are 1. wedding set , 2. diamond stud earrings and 3. watch. I want to acquire the perfect version (for me!) of each of these and wear them every day forever! I"m working on the wedding set and watch this year and next. I currently have diamond 1.2ctw (60 pointers) studs that I LOVE but in my dreams I would upgrade them to 1 or even 1.25 cts each set in milgrained bezel martinis.

The next tier of bling for me is a necklace/pendant (diamonds, gems, pearls), earring drops/jackets, RHR, bracelets. These are more sometimes wear pieces (and therefore will not be where I invest the big bucks!).

I saved this from a post I read on PS a while back. Unfortunately I can't remember who posted it! Now obviously there are no rules with something like this. Circe is case in point - I'm sure she looks spectacular in her many stunning eclectic pieces. But I like to reference this every so often as a interesting comparison point.

"HERE ARE THE BASIC RULES....

for E-ring....(center stone only) you can go up to a 2.5 rb if your ring size is 3.5 or 4ct if your ring size is 5; 5ct if size 6 etc,etc... and for fancy cuts you can go up to your ring size.

for earrings studs .....75% ctw of your e-ring "center stone".

for solitaire pendant .....50% the weight of your e-ring "center stone"

for bracelet.....3 X the weight of your e-ring "center stone" "

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I like Rosebloom's rules...it seems I should have a 5ct e-ring. :love:

Anyway, I have yet to find myself saying I am too blinged out....I do adjust what I am wearing depending on where I am going and how dressed up I am.

For most daily things I have my 2 sets of studs in my ears. The back holes I keep small studs in like .25ctw if I am wearing other studs in the main hole. Granted, at the moment, my largest stud pair is .68 but I hope to change that this next year. I have hair past my chin and so most people don't really notice my ears much. If I am dressing up I add on my IDJ earring jackets.

I try to remember to put necklaces on, but am not very good about it unless I am going out. Then I usually remember to put necklace on. I have several I like. A haloed pink sapphire, a diamond pendant, and a mahenge spinel and peridot pendant plus a couple of antiques I pull out every now and then.

Rings- I either wear my stacking bands in WG or YG every day, or I wear my original e-ring with a small eternity or my bigger OEC with a set of stackers and whatever RHR I can remember to put on. Generally I wear the OEC when I am with Mr Bcat and one of the smaller rings or stacks if I am out by myself.

I don't really wear bracelets. I'll just catch them on something and break them and I don't like watches at all.

Here's the earrings. I am never without earrings on:

jackets7.jpg

bgdearshot1_0.jpg

Here's the YG antique stack I wear a lot:

5oec.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Yssie and LLJsmom!
Thanks for your sweet words about my earrings. :love:
It's funny.. they don't look too big.. I think they look just right.
I originally had one carat studs that consisted of my original engagement ring and a matching stone. Then about 8 years ago or so I upgraded to 2.5 carat studs from my FAVORITE jeweler near me - Gross Jewelers (since 1912.com) I have been happily wearing them ever since. Too big to sleep in so I take them out every night and when I wash my hair. I do clean them every few days. I have a lot of hair so they are not "in your face" at all. Thanks for noticing. Good luck with your earring search!!! :wavey:

photo-203.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I guess I would be considered blingy by some :cheeky:

1.00 ctw studs everyday.
EC band with either my solitaire or stacked with skinny micropave bands.
RHR-either the art deco three stone, Garnet with bags, 2.00 ct channel set baguette ring, ruby band or tsav band.
Always wear my watch.
Two pendants, graduated lengths.

My bracelet search continues but when I find something I'll slap that on for everyday too.

Guess I don't believe in less is more :sun:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is sooooo cool!! :sun: I love reading about PSers and how they show their pieces love everyday. I read so many posts about individual pieces that it's hard to see how the end results are enjoyed in everyday life. It makes me feel great to know that you all not only love the process of searching, acquiring/creating each piece, but that you really enjoy them all the time too. :appl: :appl: Yay!! I hope people keep sharing...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1383629109|3550644 said:
I'm definitely a "variety is the spice of life" kinda gal, so to take it from the top ....

Ahem. Look, I know when I write it all out it sounds ridiculous, but I'm an ample lady with yards of hair, with a great fondness for big skirts and big sleeves and big boots with big heels. It all sort of tends to blend. And I DO tend to balance it a little ... days when I'm wearing dangling earrings, the necklaces are on long chains under my blouse, days when I'm wearing the middle-finger ring on the right hand are days when I skip the bracelet, etc. Interestingly, though I'll freely admit I'm possibly the gaudiest lady to post in this thread, I don't tend to be bothered by it - chalk it up to living in a city where people pierce their cheeks and wear spikes through them like boar tusks, but not only am I not the weirdest person on the street most days, when I DO occasion comment, it is almost always, a) the hair, b) the shoes, or, c) a query about where I got that coat/whatever. The other day an older gentleman in my building grabbed my hand in the elevator and I started telling him about the ring on that finger and he looked at me like I was crazy - he was just admiring my indigo nail polish My theory is that it's one of the best things about living in a place this heavily populated - no matter what, one always has camouflage!

P.S. - Yes, I am familiar with Coco Chanel's maxim about taking one thing off before I leave the house. I do! You'll notice no tiaras, stomachers, brooches, dress clips, or shoe clips make the final cut for daily wear. :tongue:

Circe, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that you own it. ;)) That is awesome.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome!!! I agree! :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaraOnline|1383638477|3550691 said:
LLJsmom|1383628261|3550638 said:
DandiAndi|1383521802|3549747 said:
Every day I wear my 1.1ctw diamond studs, sometimes I change them over to my citrine studs with diamond jackets. I work in the OR so earrings are the only jewellery I can have a bit of fun with - no rings, bracelets etc, obviously. I used to wear a necklace but that proved to be a bad idea with a grabby now 10 month old baby boy ;)) Plus I feel a bit over-blinged with a necklace as well as studs. Outside of work I always wear my wedding set, and usually my 20 pointer eternity as a RHR.

Dandi, I LOVE how low set that eternity is. Drool, covet, scheme!! :Up_to_something: Project???

LLJ if you met dandi in person you'd see she is a very elegant, put-together kind of lady. she's got great style! :)
so... covet away! she won't lead you wrong lol.

Oh my Lara, you are just too lovely!!! Right back atcha, gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
distracts said:
Circe, re: your lorgnettes, do you actually USE them? Like, have your prescription put in the lenses and whatnot? I have found a few I would very much like to buy (while searching for opera glasses, which I would actually use, both at the opera and at, uh, hockey games... though we are in row seven, but the other side of the ice is so far away, you know) but I don't know what I would even do with them. Though I've been toying with the idea of getting a lighted case installed somewhere in my house to display curios in.

Yes! Or I'm planning to, at least - my appointment with the opthamologist isn't until next week. I really only need mine for distance viewing, so I figure on date nights, I'm happy to live in a hazy private world until I need to read a street sign or whatever ....

... And as for the other ones, I figure with sufficient magnification, it's dressier and more convenient than carrying a loupe, right? ;-)

P.S. - thank you, ladies! I'll admit, reading back over the thread I felt a little abashed and cut down today. A few pieces, I missed and had to out back on as the day went on ... but my ering looked FABULOUS in the spotlight. ;-)

P.P.S. - Distracts, I have opera glasses! I carry them to the opera AND use them to check out the best architectural details 30 stories off the ground. Best 100 year old purchase ever!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1383629109|3550644 said:
P.S. - Yes, I am familiar with Coco Chanel's maxim about taking one thing off before I leave the house. I do! You'll notice no tiaras, stomachers, brooches, dress clips, or shoe clips make the final cut for daily wear. :tongue:

I really *do* like brooches. I think I'm going to get a couple of special ones, eventually. Whether that be commission or antique. My old jeweller friend tries to talk me into a diamond brooch. He waxes lyrical about the lovely brooches that were made 'back in the day'....the young bench jewellers roll their eyes behind him....

but I have a habit of starting trends so I think brooches are baaaaack!
Nymphatemine mentioned wearing her original diamond as a brooch, and it really struck me - yes, brooches are another great way to wear a daily diamond!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1383680672|3551022 said:
HERE ARE THE BASIC RULES....

for E-ring....(center stone only) you can go up to a 2.5 rb if your ring size is 3.5 or 4ct if your ring size is 5; 5ct if size 6 etc,etc... and for fancy cuts you can go up to your ring size.

for earrings studs .....75% ctw of your e-ring "center stone".

for solitaire pendant .....50% the weight of your e-ring "center stone"

for bracelet.....3 X the weight of your e-ring "center stone" "

I love this!! ...clearly, I need to be working on my 4 ct rock!! :naughty: :Up_to_something:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun thread! I always wear my ering and wband, sometimes with a sapphire/diamond stacker... 10mm pearl earrings, 1 ct bezeled diamond necklace, and a watch. I will change up the metals depending on what I'm wearing, but ering and wband stay the same. :))

pendant_neck.png pharmacy.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulously interesting to hear what everyone wears daily!

I wear without fail my wedding rings & rarely remove them (plain plat wedding ring, full princess 1.75ct eternity & 1.02ct pear solitaire, which is currently being reset.)

Also on my left wrist, diamond Raymond Weil watch, single station plat DBTY from Tiffany, plain solid silver bangle from Links of London, and (a bit weirdly!) a turquoise colored waxed thread with silver Karma disc which usually nestles under my watch & a full bracelet of small black tourmaline stones. A bit eclectic looking, but they are all precious, keep me focused & have meaning. They also often get admired & asked about, particularly from jewelers or people interested in jewellery!

I always wear diamond plat studs (.66 ctw) & diamond plat solitaire floating necklace, which is .40 ct)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1383762142|3551702 said:
What a fun thread! I always wear my ering and wband, sometimes with a sapphire/diamond stacker... 10mm pearl earrings, 1 ct bezeled diamond necklace, and a watch. I will change up the metals depending on what I'm wearing, but ering and wband stay the same. :))

pendant_neck.png pharmacy.jpg

Msop, I love the bezel pendant. The length of your pendant is exactly what I am looking for. Is that a 16 inch length??

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone, :wavey: Hope you all don't mind an old thread. Just bumping this thread as I'm adding to my diamond uniform. I am curious to see if other want to share what they wear on a daily basis. I am THIS close to setting my 1.1 in a new pendant setting, which I LOVE. But I'm a little afraid that it's too much...dare I say it...bling??? (like, in one general area...ya know, like around my face...) Methinks that I just need to get used to it. But I love hearing how people show their diamonds love every day. :lickout:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope.. not too blingy at all! I think a one carat solitaire is perfect "supermarket" wear. :wavey:
Or work wear for that matter too. :)

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1398642900|3661493 said:
Hi Everyone, :wavey: Hope you all don't mind an old thread. Just bumping this thread as I'm adding to my diamond uniform. I am curious to see if other want to share what they wear on a daily basis. I am THIS close to setting my 1.1 in a new pendant setting, which I LOVE. But I'm a little afraid that it's too much...dare I say it...bling??? (like, in one general area...ya know, like around my face...) Methinks that I just need to get used to it. But I love hearing how people show their diamonds love every day. :lickout:

I wish I could wear studs! Unfortunately, I have very sensitive ear lobes that seem to never heal properly and end up closing (I've pierced them 4 times over the last 20 years and have given up) so my ears are not pierced :( So I stick with necklaces, bracelets and rings for jewelry.

On a daily basis, I always wear my Cartier WG love bangle on my left wrist and tend to wear some kind of a band stack on my left fingers. I wear more delicate/non-diamond stacking rings on my right hand. On my neck I'm always wearing either my VCA sweet Alhambra in RG or my .5 AVR in platinum milgrain bezel.

I don't think 1 carat is too much bling at all! I wish my budget had been bigger for my pendant ;-)

Here are some pics of my left hand and the .5 AVR pendant.

_17456.jpg

_17457.jpg

_17458.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Muluver|1398649188|3661551 said:
LLJsmom|1398642900|3661493 said:

I wish I could wear studs! Unfortunately, I have very sensitive ear lobes that seem to never heal properly and end up closing (I've pierced them 4 times over the last 20 years and have given up) so my ears are not pierced :( So I stick with necklaces, bracelets and rings for jewelry.

On a daily basis, I always wear my Cartier WG love bangle on my left wrist and tend to wear some kind of a band stack on my left fingers. I wear more delicate/non-diamond stacking rings on my right hand. On my neck I'm always wearing either my VCA sweet Alhambra in RG or my .5 AVR in platinum milgrain bezel.

I don't think 1 carat is too much bling at all! I wish my budget had been bigger for my pendant ;-)

Hi Muluver! :wavey: Can you tell us more about the SS OEC/french cut band? What is the mm width, tcw and how comfortable is it to wear? Thx!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Hi mom2boys!

SS has two different sizes for this ring and mine is the thinner one. It's right at 2mm wide with 1.05 tcw. This is my actual wedding band so it's the band that I wear everyday no matter what. It's surprisingly quite comfortable. It's more comfortable than the baguette band that I have. The Tiffany shared prong and the plain platinum band are the most comfortable of all of my bands but I don't think it's fair to compare these to one that is full eternity like the SS band. The height/depth is slightly under 2 mm so I think that helps with the comfort. I tried on the Tiffany legacy band when I was band shopping and it was too uncomfortable for me.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Muluver|1398651316|3661566 said:
Hi mom2boys!

SS has two different sizes for this ring and mine is the thinner one. It's right at 2mm wide with 1.05 tcw. This is my actual wedding band so it's the band that I wear everyday no matter what. It's surprisingly quite comfortable. It's more comfortable than the baguette band that I have. The Tiffany shared prong and the plain platinum band are the most comfortable of all of my bands but I don't think it's fair to compare these to one that is full eternity like the SS band. The height/depth is slightly under 2 mm so I think that helps with the comfort. I tried on the Tiffany legacy band when I was band shopping and it was too uncomfortable for me.

I'm going to have to add that the exact same SS band to my wish list! :cheeky: I think I like the thinner version just like yours! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, your bands are beautiful, Muluver! I especially love the SS band, too! Did you mean the larger Legacy band? I have the smaller, 2mm one, and it is set low and very comfortable. I am pretty sure it is lower than the SS band (closer to 1.5mm in height) so I can't really even feel that I have it on when I wear my e-ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, what kind of pendant setting are you considering?

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I think it'll look lovely with your new AVC and/or stacked with your VC bands!! :appl:

Only in my dreams can I add a 5 carat AVR or AVC to MY wish list though lol

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Hi DS!

Thank you! Yes, I should have clarified that it was the thicker legacy! I think you are right that the thinner legacy is actually thinner than the thinner SS band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Muluver|1398653280|3661584 said:
Hi DS!

Thank you! Yes, I should have clarified that it was the thicker legacy! I think you are right that the thinner legacy is actually thinner than the thinner SS band.

:wavey: Yes, I also tried that one on and found it was much larger and less comfortable than the small one!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my .92 ctw studs most of the time, my wedding rings (a solitaire and diamond band) and a RHR. My RHR rotates between about 8 diamond or gemstone rings.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Muluver|1398649188|3661551 said:

Muluver, I am sorry to hear about your ears. Same with me for many years. I just repierced after 19-20 years. As a teenager I pierced them twice and they constantly got infected, even though I wore 18k yellow gold. I let them grow back after 1-1.5 years of constant infections. I repierced in November, and until this past Monday, my left ear was still kinda swollen and infected, still bloody on Monday. On Tuesday I picked up my platinum studs, and put them into a bloody piercing on my left ear. Believe it or not, it has not been bloody or infected since. I have used H2Ocean all along, and doing it twice a day. It's been five days, and the longest time the left ear has not been infected. I'm attributing it to the platinum, since I have never worn platinum earrings before. Have you already tried those? I'm hoping my luck holds out. I've been kinda unsure about my studs, but my husband says that I am stuck with them now cause these are good for my ears. LOL!! Just my luck.

Anyhoo, I love your bands and your pendant. It looks ginormous, and your cool Cartier bangle. I would love a LOVE bangle, but they would turn every direction on my bony wrist. No bueno. :nono:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I don't think I wear alot but when you type it out it does seem that way :shock:

On one wrist I wear the 4 diamond WG Carter Love with a WG bangle that was sautered onto my wrist when I was 16. I'm actually in the process of adding on a 3rd bracelet but can't let out my secert yet.
On my other wrist I wear a Cartier Roadster.
I do wear an ering typically stacked with 2 different eternities but I switch up the set fairly often. lately I have been wearing my 1.19ct OEC in an sapphire setting with my DK band and then another sapphire band I got from DJ.
I also wear a RHR that is either my 4.31ctw eternity by JbEG or a Cartier classic trinity.
For a necklace I wear a .50ctw DBTY from BGD. I hardly ever take it off.
I have never really been an earring person but I just got 2.3ctw studs so I can add that to the mix as well.

I think I do pretty classic staple pieces with a splash of color and art deco. Circe is my style hero though! :kiss:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
At the moment I kind of feel pretty boring on the bling front. I'm sure I'm not but I don't really wear necklaces or bangles much so it's jut my watch, a few rings and a pair of earrings.

Left hand:

Gladys in her halo (4cts)
Pink sapphire band in 18ct rose gold (2mm)
Legacy style bead set band with millgrain (2.5mm)
Very occasionally I will swap Gladys for my alternating bezel diamond eternity when I want less bling.

Right hand:

4ct oval blue sapphire ring with halo, round brilliants and pears on the corners

Earrings:

Most days it's my diamond halo earrings - 2 x 0.5ct surrounded by 1.5 pointers, bezeled with millgrain.

I gave up wearing necklaces (other than pearls) when my daughter was born 2.5 years ago but I was never really a pendant person. Am contemplating getting a pendant to match my earrings however...

Compared to my friends, I wear A LOT of jewellery. Most people here wear a wedding ring, an engagement ring. Maybe some small diamond studs. A few of my friends have tennis bracelets, but it's not the norm.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My list is the same as last year except I have bumped my studs up to .80/.42/diamond hoops. That's my everyday wear. No such thing as too big at my age.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results