shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Stud Questions and Opinions Requested

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jim 4378

Rough_Rock

First of all I just discovered this site. I find it very educational and am amazed at the wealth of diamond knowledge that exists out on the web

I am looking for a pair of diamond stud earrings for my wife. She is petite, 5''2 and I was considering 2/3 to 3/4 ctw studs. In my research I came across a company called MLG Jewelry. I have attached the link in order to get opinions on the studs. I am a little skeptical because of the quality and low price. Has anyone ever dealt with MLG Jewelry before? I was originally looking for white gold but at this price I can be flexible. Is it a nice contrast having a diamond set against a yellow gold setting?

As you can see the 2/3 yellow gold are only priced at $455. The 3/4 white gold with the same quality are priced at $749. Is there much of a size difference to warrant the additional price

/stores.channeladvisor.com/MLGjewelry/Items/PDE65YGSI]http://stores.channeladvisor.com/MLGjewelry/Items/PDE65YGSI[/url]">
Thanks to all

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
don''t do it.
i have not ever bought from or heard of this place, but i know for a fact, that you will not be getting QUALITY diamonds for your money. please take some time here and learn about how important CUT is when buying diamonds. your wife will thank you for it.
2.gif

glad you found ps! welcome
35.gif

W2W

Rough_Rock
I agree with Belle. YOu should do a little research to figure out what distinguishes quality diamonds from average/bad ones. The site is not impressive to me and does not provide enough info to determine whether the diamonds are worth buying.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2006 12:22:58 PM
Author:Jim 4378

As you can see the 2/3 yellow gold are only priced at $455. The 3/4 white gold with the same quality are priced at $749. Is there much of a size difference to warrant the additional price

Size difference between .33 and .37cts / ear... no, not really. Having those stones more or less well (or deep) cut would amount to about as much without any difference of weight.

And speaking of cut.. especially if the stones are not HUGE, I'd definitely give it a thought because brightness is what makes these guys show off. These's no mention of cut quality there, and I wonder if the seller wouldn't make a big deal of it (instead of complete silence) if there was anything to talk about.
11.gif
The price isn't bad for the G-H/SI grades they claim, but you have to take the seller's word for those... that they sell for fun rather than profit
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results