shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond solitaire pendant - $500??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Can it be done?

All I know is I want a 16" thin white gold chain. A 4 prong basket setting would be nice.

I''m think I could get something in the .3-.4 range. J color? SI2-I1 clarity?? as for shape, either a round, pear, or regent.

If YOU had $500 to spend on a diamond solitaire pendant what would you get?? Help me find a nice pendant. =)

Thanks!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Snlee- I got almost the exact same pendant you''re talking about! I had a budget of $500, and ended up with a 4 prong white gold .36 H SI2 H&A stone. I think I went a little over budget with the chain and setting, but when I got my sister a pendant, hers was like a .33 I SI1, including chain and setting.

My inclusion is black in the pavilion and I *can* see it if I hold the diamond up to my eye 1 inch away and rotate it until I find it. However, I don''t walk around with my pendant up to my eye, so it doesn''t bother me one bit.

Have fun!

snlee

Ideal_Rock

mmeowcollins, do you have any pictures? neck shots? where did you get it? local jeweler? do you ever think your 1/3 carat diamond looks too small?

I guess I''m willing to go down in clarity since I won''t be looking at the diamond up close very often.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
If you look on the bottom of page 2 in SevensOne''s Show Me the Pendant (or something similar), you''ll see neck shots, modeled by my sister who is quite petite, and a close-up shot of it in my hand. I got mine from Good Old Gold and my sister''s is from Superbcert.

Do I find it too small? Well, if I had unlimited diamond funds, I''m sure I would go bigger. But truthfully, I''m not such a big necklace fan solely because *I* can''t see my baubles when they''re hanging around my neck. I''d rather put more money into a ring, honestly, that I can admire without having to look in the mirror. The .36 provides just the right amount of sparkle for my purposes!

Hope this helps.
20.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

mmeowcollins, do you have any pictures? neck shots? where did you get it? local jeweler? do you ever think your 1/3 carat diamond looks too small?

My pendant is also around 1/3 carat (.38) and this is a great size for everyday wear. I'm petite and I think that this size works great for my build. If you're taller, than this size may not be dramatic enough, but you can always later add a bezel around the diamond to add to the diameter. (mine is bezel set and I do think this makes it look bigger.)

My necklace is also included in the same pendant thread that mmeow mentioned.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I''ll try to search for those pictures.

I agree with you. That''s why I don''t want to spend to much on a diamond pendant. I bought small diamond stud earrings so I think a small pendant would go nicely with it.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I also have smallish earrings- .83tcw, H&A martini set, and my engagement ring is .78 ct, so they all go well together.

Weren''t you interested in a Signed Pieces ring? I''m ordering my eternity band from them next week- I''m really excited!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
My diamond studs are tiny compared to yours! Hehe. They are only .28 tcw. I didn''t want to spend much. My ring is similar to yours - .81.

Yeah...I''m also drooling over a ring from SP. In the next couple of years I want to get a diamond pendant and eternity ring (oh yeah....and maybe upgrade my earrings? =P). But I think I should limit myself - don''t want to spend too much in a short period of time! I already got a ring upgrade and earrings in the last 4 months!

I want this http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=854 for my wedding band. Hehe. So I won''t be getting it for awhile!

Which eternity band are you going to order? Don''t forget to post pictures when you get it. Can''t wait to see it! How exciting!!
1.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Your ring will look awesome! If I could do it again, I''d get an eternity ring for my wedding ring.

This is close to what I''m getting: http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=1598
Mine will be a 1.15 ct ring for a 3.75 finger. It''s not my wedding ring though- it''ll be my 2nd right hand ring.

I totally know what you mean about spending too much in too short of a time. In the last year and a half, I''ve gotten a pendant, a diamond/sapphire right hand ring, several pairs of diamond earrings, and now soon the eternity ring. I''m broke! So, that''s it! After the eternity ring, I''m done! Except for that 2 carat Jubilee...
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results