Diamond Size Question

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is my post from 5 yrs ago.
16.gif

Ca. and N.Y. 3-4ct is more common

midweast .50 ct

south,they say everything is bigger in Texas.

23.gif

U.S. avg e-ring size my guess, .75 ct

P.S. member avg e-ring size my guess, 1.25 ct. and growing fast,girls here are BAD influence

iloveny

Shiny_Rock
I live in Manhattan as well, and most of my friends are (successful) theatre actors. In my dressing room at the moment there are 5 married or engaged girls. I''d say the smallest center stone is about .5 carats (round), there''s one that''s probably about .75 to a carat (princess), one that''s 1.5-1.75 (round), one honkin'' princess that''s probably 2.5-3, and mine which is 2.5. Other than that most of my friends'' rings are about a carat- most of them definitely under 2 carats.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Well i live in Sin City, and i would say Honestly.....the average Woman, not the super socialites have a .45-.75, out on the strip and in the more wealthy part of town, it would be closer to 1.0-2.0. Most people in Las Vegas, are hard working people, if you look it up, we have one if not the worse econmy, so must people go with smaller

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
.5-1.5 ct

Lots of illusion settings too, which I personally would be unhappy to receive. But each to their own.

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
I''m originally from a small town in southern PA, where the average ring is probably around .5 carat. I''ve never seen anything bigger than that. Many women have those cluster rings made with many small diamonds instead of big center stones. I see a lot of three stone rings as well, but they''re the smaller ones instead of the huge one we see on PS. Some women don''t even have erings, but just wear wedding bands.

I''m pursuing graduate studies in the Baltimore - Washington DC area and I see bigger rings, but I''ve never seen one that is bigger than a carat. And believe me, I''ve looked!
2.gif
The average here, from what I''ve seen, is around .75 carat. The biggest I''ve seen in person was around 1 carat.

I have a .81 and it''s one of the biggest in my social circle. Most of my high school friends never went to college, and the few who did went into areas that do not pay very much, so having a big ring isn''t exactly a first priority for them. As for my friends and colleagues in grad school, they also mostly have smaller rings, but for a different reason. People in academia tend to shy away from big jewelry, and many are against diamonds due to "ethical" concerns. None of my female professors wear erings, but just simple wedding bands. Most of the other female grad students are single, and those who are married have rings in the .3 to .5 range. There are two girls with rings around 1ct, but they are both older and married to professional men with stable careers.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I live in Tampa, FL but I attend USF, so I feel like our average bling vary pretty widely. You get girls who are engaged to really hard working students that work part time to save up whatever they can so they get maybe .15 to .33 cts but my guess on that average would be about .25cts. Then you get girls more like me (the upperclassmen) that are not dating full time colleges students. (My boyfriend joined the military first then started work for Home Shopping Network, lol, and is now going part time to college while working in a career.) So for that group it''s probably around .75 to 1.25cts. I mean center stones for this, not TCW, I hope that I read the question correctly. <3 If not don''t hate me, please lol.

Other than my campus life (which is honestly about 98% of my time) the people around campus... well it''s the ghetto honestly, so married women wear just plain wedding bands.

But I grew up in a very, very small upper-middle class retirement town and it was very close to a VERY wealthy island in South West Florida so I think the average there was around 1.5cts to 2.0cts.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 4:38:46 PM
Author: kagordo4
I live in Tampa, FL but I attend USF, so I feel like our average bling vary pretty widely. You get girls who are engaged to really hard working students that work part time to save up whatever they can so they get maybe .15 to .33 cts but my guess on that average would be about .25cts. Then you get girls more like me (the upperclassmen) that are not dating full time colleges students. (My boyfriend joined the military first then started work for Home Shopping Network, lol, and is now going part time to college while working in a career.) So for that group it''s probably around .75 to 1.25cts. I mean center stones for this, not TCW, I hope that I read the question correctly. <3 If not don''t hate me, please lol.

Other than my campus life (which is honestly about 98% of my time) the people around campus... well it''s the ghetto honestly, so married women wear just plain wedding bands.

But I grew up in a very, very small upper-middle class retirement town and it was very close to a VERY wealthy island in South West Florida so I think the average there was around 1.5cts to 2.0cts.
Small world, me too
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in Ireland and from what I can see, smaller rings tend to be the norm. Roughly .5 to .8ct. I work in an affluent area of the city though and there are quite a few older women with huge stones. My ring is 1.23ct.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live in north east England. The average diamond size here is .25-.30cts. There are probably a lot more gemstone rings here than diamonds. Sapphire and tiny diamond chips are common.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I''m Australian; in Melbourne it seems that the average is maybe around 0.5ct in the youngsters, and maybe smaller in the older generation - there are lots of bigger stones around but it is unusual to see anything above the size of, say, a 1.5ct RB. I have a 1.2ct EC (so it faces up smaller than a RB) and it still looks bigger than most I see.

Currently I''m in Italy, where in general girls don''t wear an ER at all - just a plain gold band. I have to say - I really love that look! So simple and "married" :)

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 9:09:33 AM
Author: audball

Small world, me too
9.gif
Funny : ) But alas, do you agree?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 4:56:48 PM

Small world, me too
9.gif
I would tend to agree, yes.
9.gif

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 10:41:19 AM

Date: 5/24/2010 4:56:48 PM

Small world, me too
9.gif
I would tend to agree, yes.
9.gif
I''m so excited you''re from USF, too. I feel so alone. Everyone is so obsessed with partyting here, they think it''s insane I''m ready to "hang up my dancin'' shoes" I kid you now a very drunk friend said that. : )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results