shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Shopping in Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MKC05

Rough_Rock
After reading the forum and doing some resarch, I am warming up to the idea of buying a diamond online. However, I would be interested to know if anyone can suggest a good place to diamond shop in and around Madison, Wisconsin.

Thanks.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been dropping in on several stores in the Madison area when I travel there to help my folks. Madison is my favorite city in Wisconsin and I hope to be able to live in the area again.

So let''s start with where not to shop. The two diamond stores on Gammond Road accross from West town. (the ones next to the steak house and U-Haul). I have checked them both out and do not consider them likely canidates to get a well cut / good diamond.

Where would I look.

I went down to Goodman''s on State Street because they have Hearts On Fire (HOF) diamonds and because of the old reputation (perhaps I am dating myself - but I remember "Wild Kindome" and you either understand the reference or you do not depending on your age).

While the Goodman family is no longer involved I did find that I was treated respectfully, and was able to have a good discussion on the merits of well cut diamonds- without a lot of the fake presssure and fakery of many other stores I have been to in Wisconsin.

Of course they will tend to try to get you to buy a HOF, I also believe that I would be able to work with them to get what you want. At least I was convinced that they would work with me even if I did not want a HOF diamond (they actually asked if I was a dealer as I got into inspecting their stock).

Concerning HOF diamonds. They are wonderfull, but sold as a special brand which includes a markup. This is similar to Eight Star and a few other premium cut diamonds. If you can afford the premium they are wonderful diamonds.

I have not checked out any other stores in the Madison area. There is one in Sheboygan that I liked; but I do not have the reference off the top of my head.

I will not be able to get to Madison untill May sometime (I am now working a power plant outage - and will not be free to do much of anything untill my part is done). But when I do I would be happy to check out a few other stores for you.

PM me, but note that I do not always check the forum every day. Sunday is my day off from work.

Hope this helps.

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results