shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Setting Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jjtitus

Rough_Rock
Okay, so I went to a local jewelry store to get a band and to have my diamond set. Well, I get it back and the diamond sits crooked. I didn''t have time to take it back before I gave it to my honey and well, now it''s there getting reset and sized down one size smaller cause it was a tad too big, but anyways. My diamond is a princess cut and is symetrical and they said that sometimes diamonds are not always symetrical underneath and that''s why it was crooked and that he''d try and see what he can do to straighten it out.

Now, what I''m asking is, is this correct? Or should he be able to set it straight no matter what if it is a symetrical diamond? They said I must be an engineer or something to see it set crooked, I''m like, no I''m just a perfectionist and she deserves to have her diamond set straight. What do you guys think? I have yet to get it back from the reset.

jjtitus

Rough_Rock
That''s what I thought. THe bottom had nothing to do with it. I just don''t know what to think of the jeweler. Hopefully he''ll get it correct this time. Everytime I go in there they don''t seem to know a whole lot, but there is only 2 jewelers here and this one is the most popular. Oh well, we''ll see what it looks like when i get it back. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results