shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond search continues (now w/pics and idealscope)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wally168

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''m new and I hope I''m not intruding on this forum. I''d thought I could ride on this topic in soliciting help from you guys on my diamond search.

I''m currently on the lookout for a diamond and guys from Union Diamonds have responded to indicate that they have a 0.50ct Round Brilliant Diamond. This diamond is D in color, VVS2 in clarity, GIA certified. I have listed out the details in the cert as well as from a sarin 3d report.

Would really appreciate if you guys can comment and provide feedback on your views of the diamond as well as Union Diamond as a seller.

Cheers

Wally

Attachments

• Full page fax print.pdf
    92.6 KB · Views: 55

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
interesting is image for sure.. i would definitely talk to bob about the stone and find out what is going on with the white spot in the middle there. everything about it fits your criteria, so i wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater necessarily.

hey wally168
35.gif
welcome to ps! it would be best if you start your own thread for questions about the diamond you are condsidering, that way you can get personal responses and the topic won't become confusing.
2.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The white spot being so intense white (whiter than the background light), and having no pattern related in any way to the basic facets, leads me to two possible theories:

Either, the stone has been severely damaged in the culet (probably after certification), but the white spot is so big, that this seems unlikely,

Or, there was an error in photographing, with maybe a white dust-particle on the table. However, this is not the pattern of a piece of dust either, thus also unlikely.

Which leads me to the conclusion, that I have no idea, about what is going on.

Live long,

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/19/2006 3:38:40 PM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
The white spot being so intense white (whiter than the background light), and having no pattern related in any way to the basic facets, leads me to two possible theories:

Either, the stone has been severely damaged in the culet (probably after certification), but the white spot is so big, that this seems unlikely,

Or, there was an error in photographing, with maybe a white dust-particle on the table. However, this is not the pattern of a piece of dust either, thus also unlikely.

Live long,

Join the club!
9.gif
Thanks for your comments.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2006 3:38:40 PM
Author: Paul-Antwerp

Live long,

I love what you wrote, Paul!
9.gif
It''s good to know the princess experts like you are just as stumped.

Garysax, I thought for sure you''d get an answer from John or Paul--no such luck it seems.
39.gif

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
and the conclusion is... I've got a decision to make by Sunday. ;-)

I spoke with Bob today who was very helpful and had the rock in his hand and under a loupe. He suggested the rock was very pretty but that under a loupe the window in the middle was apparent. Without that magnification it was definitely not obvious. I'm going to have to decide whether to purchase and have it sent to my appraiser by Monday. The stone has no damage that would create the window as Paul thought and Bob assures me there was no photo problem which I definitely believe. I guess the reason shall remain a mystery!

The real issue is that this might be the best rock at this price at this size that I can get (something Bob raised as well). It's easy to dismiss the stone out of hand because of an IS imperfection (odd though it may be) but at my price range the question is will the next one be so much better? I'm not so sure--having done searches myself I'm not sure that I can necessarily find a better stone than this one.

Which means I have to stew on it for longer and make my decision.
7.gif

And thanks for all the help Bob.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bob is great. Good luck in making your decision. Let us know what you decide.
1.gif

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I would probably pass on the diamond if the "pattern" bothers you. Aside form the corners and center problem, I also don''t like how there is a horizonal and verticle line that divides the diamond into for cubes. I think the photos confirm the IS images in that there is something unusual about the diamond''s appearance and it is not necessarily aesthetic.

I know its difficult to find a diamond within the budget when you are searching right under 1ct but its definately possible, with a little patients, to find another nice diamond. My fiance also had high standards when buying my e-ring; he wanted it to be right under 2ct D color and VVS of FL. He ended up loving my e-diamond at 1.97ct, D color VVS2 because of its "pattern." He did not look online, so you have more selection by looking both in stores/dealers and online. You should not feel like you are settling. Good luck!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results