shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond quality for earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I''m new to this forum and have a basic question. I''m going to be buying some diamond stud earrings and have started my research. These are probably going to be the only diamonds I''ll ever have (unless I trade up in the future), because my husband is in the "diamonds are a worthless rip-off" camp and he can''t be rehabilitated. I''m getting these earrings with my own money, and since they''re my one shot at having diamonds I want them to be spectacular. I''m not much into rings, hence earrings. I''ve heard that many people don''t think it''s worth putting really high quality diamonds into earrings because they don''t "show" as well as they do on rings and such. But, I want my one shot to count. I want them to be so spectacular that my heart sings when I put them on every morning. But, if I buy better quality, will it really show on the ears? I''m budgeting up to $3k. Thanks for your insight!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
my own personal opinion is..yes, it''s worth it to get the best quality that you can. i love having earrings that sparkle from across the room.
2.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Oh honey! You deserve the best money can buy.

Link

These will be spectacular. "Expertly Selected pairs of apprx 1.00ct TW (5.20mm) ideal cut diamonds I SI set in 14K white gold" for $2100

They will be huge and sparkly. Put the leftover $900 in a piggy bank and start saving up for the matching pendant!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome to PS
35.gif

You want the best cut first of all. Take a look at www.whiteflash.com their expert selection offers great value as well as a great cut. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Kaleigh. WF sells earrings that are AMAZING and ready to go, OR you can choose your stones individually. Now, to answer your question, I think you can definitely go for I in color and SI in clarity and not be disappointed in the least!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, thanks for the replies! Yes, I have learned that cut is the most important consideration. Actually, I was originally going to just go to Tiffany''s and pick some out, (and they would be gorgeous, just overpriced) but since then I''ve been educating myself I''ve been thinking of getting Superbcert or A Cut Above diamond studs. Is this overkill?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh dear lord you got here just in time for me to save you a ton of money. WF either ES or ACA's are way better than Tiff's. My ering came from Tiff's and I'm not knocking them, just know soooo much more now than I did then. Give them a call, they have a toll free number and they are so nice to work with. I will go one step further and highly recommend a martini setting. In this setting all you see is the diamonds and very little metal. Really show cases the diamonds well!!
2.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I bought 1.25 ctw ACA''s from Whiteflash in the martini settings and they are FABULOUS!!! They are E SI2''s. I worked with Bob and he was really great. I''d definitely work with them again.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I like you already . . . .
36.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you . . . I will go check out the martini setting and see what they look like . . . I''ve heard them mentioned before . . .

Patty

Ideal_Rock
You are wise to consider Whiteflash or SuperbCert for your earrings. The cut on their stones is GREAT! I recently got some earrings from Whiteflash that are J color and SI clarity. The J color doesn''t show any yellow from the top and with the martini setting, all you really see is the top of the stones. Put your money into the cut and the size...then watch how they light up your face!
9.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
When a pair of earrings is advertised as 1ct does that mean that each stud is 1ct or are they each 1/2 ct that adds up to 1ct total.
emembarrassed.gif

thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes it means that each earring is 1/2 carat, so they are 1 carat total weight.

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Hi Portoar,

Curious to hear what you have decided.

I think that you should get what you want with your money and enjoy them, you will cherish them more because you worked so hard for them.

Which way are you leaning?

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I love your avatar . . . I have decided, I''m probably going to get Superbcert, but I''m also checking the Whiteflash and GOG websites. I haven''t called and talked to them yet, but I''ve been browsing the inventory and for the price I can pay, I''m getting VS2 or better, H or better and yes, I will check out the cut too. I''m going to have to wait for the money I''m using to come in, but should be in the next 30-45 days.

And I was glad to get all the recommendations on the Martini cut . . . with three prongs, they hold the diamonds sufficiently?

Date: 10/18/2005 9:00:20 PM
Author: fisiogrl
Hi Portoar,

Curious to hear what you have decided.

I think that you should get what you want with your money and enjoy them, you will cherish them more because you worked so hard for them.

Which way are you leaning?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results