shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Pricing Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pave

Rough_Rock
Would it be possible to find a round diamond, 1.5 carats, J or K, Si1 or Si2 with a decent cut for under $6,000 or am I dreaming???
Thank you for any help that you could give me!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, Pave!

If you look up at the top of the page, you will see a tab called "prices". You can put in those parameters you have mentioned and do a search of similar stones. That will show you the price range for the stones you desire.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's going to depend on what you mean by 'decent cut'. In the main database, I see 395 offers for stones that claim to be between 1.50-1.55cts, J-K, SI1-SI2. 195 of them are under your budget. The prices range from $3,505 - $8,609, none of which are in-house at the dealer. The same search with the added requirement of AGS-0 produces a single stone for $6251 which doesn't seem to exist but is being offered by 2 dealers for slightly different prices
23.gif

What can you conclude from this? If, by 'decent cut', you mean classic AGS-0 proportions or H&A patterning (or both), you will probably need to raise your budget or modify at least one of your parameters. If you have a different set of proportions in mind, it will depend on how different you get.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results