shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Pricing Chart

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mikeabo

Rough_Rock
I have seen a chart that gives, I believe wholesale costs based on size, color, and clarity. Does anybody have a link to a recent chart like this.

Thank you,
Mike

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that the Rapapport list ? If so, it is unlikely to find it online and there are some reasons for caution you might want to consider, IMO.

Here''s two versions of the facts: here and here.

Regardless, there seems to be something odd about the Rap list: they say it lists "market prices" of sorts but then, almost everyone would say "I am selling under the Rap price" (or something). How can that be
33.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Quick summary from what I''ve learned (I''m just a consumer tho so this may not be all true... that Brad guy is prolly popping a blood vessel just cuz I''m posting hahahaha). Anyways, here''s what I''ve gotten out of it.

You''re likely talking about the RAP price list. It comes out periodically, but you have to subscribe to it. It''s supposed to be an industry deal and not available to the public. So, the industry people here aren''t likely to post it.

However, it may not be that much help to you anyways. There are so many variables, that the RAP price is more of a general guideline than a price list anyways. Things like the quality of the cut, demand, etc affect a diamond''s price which doesn''t show up in the RAP report.

If you really want to see a recent one, just ask the jeweler you''re dealing with. I did. Many will show you. I then memorized the prices of the categories I was interested in, went outside and wrote them down. I could then search other stores and see who gave me the best price in relation to RAP. However, even if I didn''t know the RAP price, just comparing prices still works as long as you''re organized enough.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Neither wholesale prices nor rap, this chart is in Pricescope, from the Price Stats section. Since it represents that it''s based on the live data here, and modified according to Dave''s AGA cut charts, I''m guessing this is done by accounting for Table size and total depth alone. In a general way, I understand this replicates in real time the kind of resourse you''re talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results