shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond posse - activate! need help re eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CowBelle

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I am a housewife and do lots of dirty work. I do not wear an engagement ring on a daily basis, just a plain 2mm wedding band. I want to replace my plain band with something blingy but also comfortable and practical. Something that won''t snag on everything or gouge my baby, etc. So I am thinking diamond eternity ring, 3mm or narrower. But I need something low-maintenance, that won''t be constantly losing stones, etc.

Ideally I would go for a pronged eternity ring, but based on what I have read on this site, the prongs can snag, bend, etc, and it may not be the most comfortable option due to the prongs rubbing the other fingers.

I love the pave bands, but I have read that it is easy to lose diamonds and I don''t want one more thing in my life to have to baby.

I have read that the channel bands are comfy but I am not crazy about the gap between the round diamonds.

? Possible solution: would a channel band with princess cut square diamonds still give a bit of light scintillation? I guess that princess cut won''t throw off as much twinkle as round brilliant, but would a princess cut be the next best thing in terms of light return in an eternity band? Or is 3mm or narrower so small that light return is not noticeable anyway? (The emerald cut eternity bands are cute, but I figured that they would look flat or glass-like in terms of light return, and I am looking for something twinkly.)

I would consider a bezel eternity ring, I like how it echoes the round shape of diamonds, but I have heard that bezel bands are hard to clean.

I would greatly appreciate your opinion. I value your input and please correct any misconceptions that I might have.

Hugs to you all. And what this song needs is more cowbelle!
2.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I love my Ritani Shared prong ring. It''s around 2mm and is extremely comfortable. There''s no holes in the back so nothing can get behind it. I''ve heard some great things about Memoire bands also. They are more expensive but there''s like no chance you will lose a stone because they test them with hammers or something.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I love bezel set eternity bands. As far as being hard to clean it may be an issue of how large the holes under the stones are. If they are larger the stones will be easier to get to with a brush.

OTOH, if you get an ultrasonic cleaner that should do the trick too.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
My signed pieces shared prong eternity band is really very comfortable. The first couple of days took a little getting used to, but I honestly don''t even notice it anymore. I never take it off except to sleep. I haven''t had any snagging issues with it and it hasn''t jabbed my little ones.
1.gif
I just think if you prefer the look of shared prong then there is just nothing else that will do.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My wedding band is channel set princess diamonds (I have a thread on here somewhere) and I love it. It feels very secure and I love how the surface is all diamond. I think it is very sparkly. If you want something more subtle, sign pieces has a beautiful channel set asscher band. I also don''t like the gaps with RBs.

CowBelle

Rough_Rock
Dear Hera, Blu, Jenn, and Tacori, thank you all for helping me! And thank you for the very specific info that you gave me. You have all saved me a lot of leg work. Hugs to you all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results