shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scooby doo

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if anyone could give me their honest opinion on this particular diamond engagement ring I''m considering purchasing.
The diamond specifications are as follows:

Cut: round, brilliant
Measurements: 7.05x7.09x4.29mm
Weight: 1.29 carats
Color: D (because I like icy white)
Clarity: VVS2
Total depth: 60.7%
Table: 57%
Crown angle: 34.5
Pavilion: 43.1%
Pavilion angle: 40.9
Girdle: medium, faceted
Culet: none
Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Fluorescence: Faint (good or bad?)

It''s not a Hearts and Arrows (as everyone seems to really like on this website) but it does have a nice pattern. It is however an AGS 000 for cut. Based on my initial review of the diamond engagement ring, it does appear to have excellent light return, fire and very nice scintillation under different lighting conditions but then again, what do I know, I''m just a novice seeking out some expert advice.

Also, due to the pavilion angle being at 40.9 would it be better to have the crown angle at 34.3 or 34.4 or does that really make a difference. And finally, would a 56% table be better than a 57% table in regards to light return and the effects on fire and scintillation. Hhmmm, maybe I''m getting too caught up in the numbers...someone help!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2006 1:17:54 PM
Author:scooby doo

Also, due to the pavilion angle being at 40.9 would it be better to have the crown angle at 34.3 or 34.4 or does that really make a difference. And finally, would a 56% table be better than a 57% table in regards to light return and the effects on fire and scintillation. Hhmmm, maybe I''m getting too caught up in the numbers...someone help!!
The crown angle is just fine - this stone looks beautiful by the numbers.

But yes, you are getting a bit carried away with the #s. There is more than one beautiful combination, and I think you''ve found an exceptional stone. Congratulations.

scooby doo

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your input on this diamond. I really appreciate it.

Pricescope.com is a wonderful website. I''m really fortunate to have found it and not to mention goodoldgood.com; niceice.com; and proposalring.com. These are great websites for the novice diamond investor to review before purchasing a diamond. The more knowledge one has the better equipped you are in buying the "right" diamond engagement ring. And besides, doesn''t she deserve the best.

scooby doo

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I meant goodoldgold.com. I will preview my postings from now on...yikes!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results